Head of Marketing
The Role: Head of Marketing
Tenure: Permanent, Full-Time
Salary: £40,000 (but up to £50k for an exceptional candidate)
Level: Senior Management
Closing Date: 2nd January 2018
TicketSource is an online box office and ticketing system, which enables Event Organisers to sell tickets for any event in any venue, via their websites and social media. The system provides an easy-to-use booking mechanism that allows members of the public to purchase tickets online 24/7 as well as a fully integrated box office system to enable ticketing management for Event Organisers.
The company was formed in 2004, and since then, the TicketSource system has been used to sell around 14.4 million tickets for more than 315,000 individual events – those events spanning an incredibly diverse range of genres and venues.
Although it’s a long time since we would have been classified as a “start-up”, TicketSource still enjoys an enviable and sustained growth rate. In both 2016 and 2017 we were listed in the Wales Fast Growth 50 awards – the Barclays-sponsored league table of the 50 fastest growing companies in Wales. In 2016 we were ranked 20th, and in 2017 we held the 28th position, thanks to revenue growth of 121% between 2014 and 2016.
About the role
Thanks to our continuing growth... over 40% per annum... we are in a position to build a top-notch Sales and Marketing department and are looking for a talented, highly experienced and resourceful Head of Marketing to help us create, and subsequently lead the team. Depending on background, experience and abilities, the successful candidate may be appointed as either Head of Marketing, or potentially, Head of Sales and Marketing.
This role will provide the successful candidate with an opportunity to develop the Marketing Department’s role within the organisation and to build their own team from the ground up.
- The successful candidate will have a strong track record as an originator of high quality content. Ideally you should have professional-standard copywriting and Photoshop and Illustrator / InDesign skills yourself, but it is essential that you have extensive experience in managing creative processes either via an in-house team or outsourced contractors. A portfolio distinguishing your own writing and graphic design work, from projects you managed, would confer an advantage.
- You will have detailed knowledge of best practice in digital and database marketing; the ability to find new promotional opportunities and to craft, implement and subsequently evaluate communications tactics to exploit those opportunities.
- Years of immersion in the digital media environment will have given you a keen awareness and detailed knowledge of how and why tactics that worked in the recent past are no longer cost-effective (and what to do about that).
- You will have extensive experience and operational competence with Google Analytics and other sources of relevant metrics for our PPC, SEO and other digital and social media activities. Likewise, familiarity with Mailchimp and at least one industry standard CRM system... including using it to ensure compliance with Data Protection requirements. Examples of any MI dashboard interfaces or report formats that you have originated would be an advantage.
- You should ideally have experience of the software as a service (SaaS) sector and ideally of its role in the arts, entertainment, sports and leisure industries – specifically in relation to venue and event management.
- You will have a highly analytical disposition and a faculty for recognising patterns in market dynamics and identifying comparative advantages versus our key competitors that can underpin targeted marketing communications.
- You will be a creative and innovative thinker, able to devise inventive strategies, tactics and hacks to reach our potential users and encapsulate those ideas into incisive inspiring briefing documents.
- You will be an inspiring manager who leads by example, with a disciplined, rigorous data-driven approach to implementing and evaluating marketing (and potentially sales) activities by means of CRM-integrated processes.
- You will have an instinct for what makes a powerful brand identity and a keen sense of maintaining brand integrity by balancing consistency of brand imagery with its ongoing evolution.
- You will be capable of ensuring that all communication elements are visually and tonally consistent with the TS brand identity... whether that is in writing style, colour palette, or choice of imagery or video style.
- You will be a talented and eloquent communicator in both verbal and written form, with a well-honed instinct for finding the right tone of voice, both for each individual communication (internal or external) and for the TS brand overall.
Further information/ how to apply
For further information about this opportunity please contact email@example.com
Please send in your CV by clicking the Apply button.