Social Media Manager
Social Media Manager
Reporting to Head of Digital
National Citizen Service (NCS) is a life changing experience for 16 and 17 year olds – they take part in outdoor activities, meet new people and have the chance to give something back to their communities. Through NCS, their confidence grows as they learn new skills and have a great experience that they can put on CVs and university and college applications.
NCS runs across England in the summer and during academic breaks in autumn and spring. It exists to help tackle some of the biggest social challenges in our country:
- Social cohesion Bringing our country together by building stronger, more integrated communities and fostering understanding between young people from different backgrounds.
- Social mobility Building essential skills for life and work, investing in our country’s future talent.
- Social engagement Engaging young people in social action in their communities and the democratic process, building their understanding of their responsibilities as citizens.
We are working to make NCS available to every 16 and 17 year old in England – over 300,000 young people have taken part in NCS so far.
100,000 young people are expected to participate this year with over 300 organisations involved in the national and local delivery of NCS. These partner organisations include small charities, local authorities, managed service providers, football clubs and colleges. The majority come from the voluntary sector.
This role is a fantastic chance to join an exciting organisation and work within a Digital team who are at the heart of NCS’ growth and success. You will help NCS to deliver excellent digital and creative work, change the lives of young people in the UK and be part of the country’s fastest-growing youth movement.
The Social Media Manager is responsible for developing awareness of, engagement with and support for NCS across the full breadth of the social media landscape. Working with the Head of Digital, this role has responsibility for developing and delivering the Social Media strategy across Owned, Earned, Shared and Paid.
The post-holder will be responsible for community management across our core social channels, as well as building & developing marketing campaigns (both integrated and social specific) in order to drive brand awareness, affinity, engagement and conversion.
Content is king for NCS and, increasingly, we take a ‘for young people, by young people’ approach. Working closely with the Brand & Content Editor, the Social Media Manager is a key proponent of this strategy and plays a lead role in bringing this to life across digital content platforms. Alongside the community and content focus, the role line manages 2 Social Media Execs day to day, with support from the Head of Digital.
The Social Media Manager will play a key role within the Digital team, within an integrated in-house marketing and communications team structure.
Key responsibilities include:
- Actively manage social media presence on Snapchat, Instagram, Youtube, Tumblr, Twitter and Facebook
- Be the voice of NCS by building a narrative across social that serves the NCS ‘customer’ throughout their journey, pre-programme, on programme, post graduation
- Develop a clear strategy to ensure communities are engaged and advocates are identified and engaged to drive further support for NCS
- Moderate and engage with the community daily, supporting the Customer Service team in resolving customer queries
- Support and grow the community via assisting in social campaign creation, recruitment tactics and leveraging P2P advocacy within an integrated multi-channel plan
- Manage online conversations by listening to the community, operating in real time – actively responding to the community in real time, using our enterprise social media tool Social Studio (Salesforce)
- Integrate UGC into everything from a Social perspective
- Co-create the annual content calendar each month, recommending social campaigns ensuring content and assets meet our varying audience needs – Young People, Parents and Guardians
- In conjunction with the other members of the Social Media team, travel across the country to capture National and Regional content by Snapping, filming, tweeting, and instagramming to give a ‘real life’ view of the NCS experience across our social streams
- Brief in and oversee delivery of bespoke social creative assets in and outside of campaign
Paid Social Advertising
- Manage and optimise to clear KPIs all paid social activity in conjunction with agencies from concept & creative to analysis
- Monitor trends with social media tools implementing insight into engagement frameworks, reports, content/conversation calendars and campaigns
- Create insightful daily, weekly and monthly reports that drive transformational change and improvement in NCS’ performance in Social
Influencer Outreach & Ambassador
- Working closely with our in-house talent and PR function, lead on the Social aspects of influencer outreach and ambassador management for the purpose of amplification and promotion of messaging, content & campaigns
- Substantial experience working in a Social Media role
- Proven track record in managing and growing online communities either client side or agency side
- Experience authoring or leading creative social campaigns
- Experience of measuring, evaluating and optimising social media activity
- Experience of managing a small team
- Experience of managing external partners, suppliers and agencies
- Knowledge of Social Studio and Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Understanding of social advertising and biddable media
- Understanding and passion for youth culture
Skills & Attributes
- Digital native
- Passionate about social media
- Confident at presenting and being in the limelight
- Self starter with a proactive attitude
- Excellent communications and writing skills
- Creative flair
How to apply
Please click the Apply button to send in your CV and covering email/letter.
Your covering email/letter should:
- Include the job title in the subject line and state the role you are applying for
- Outline how you satisfy the specific requirements listed above
- Say what attracts you to us and this role
- Explain what makes you the right candidate