Michael Page are proud to be partnering with Rocol, a division of ITW who are a global diversified manufacture and Fortune 150 company. ITW are seeking a Product Manager for their Rocol division, based in Leeds to focus on key products within target segments, supporting the business strategy for growth.
Details about the Client
ITW is a global, diversified and decentralised business offering challenging opportunities in high-growth, diverse manufacturing industries and markets around the world.
As an employee of ITW, you will have access to business and technology resources, dedicated career support and all the benefits of a Fortune 150 company, a U.S. patent leader with over 100 years of secure, long-term profitable growth.
ITW have consolidated their fluids business and created 'Fluids Europe', within which is Rocol who develop, manufacture and market technically advanced industrial lubricants and line marking systems to industries worldwide.
ITW's facilities are located in the UK, France, Denmark, Germany, Spain and Poland, each offering diverse opportunities across multiple functions.
Having grown through acquisition, other brands within the group include JELT, Novadan, KEMA and Krafft.
Detailed Job Description
The Product Manager will support the Business Strategy to focus on key products into target market segments. The Product Manager will be responsible for the revenue and growth of those products and services and will form the bridge between sales, operations and technical teams. One of the primary measurements of success will be attaining the growth goals for Fluids Europe. You will work as an integral part of the Fluids Europe Marketing Team to develop the full marketing mix, product data sheets, labelling, marketing materials, sales tools, selectors and campaigns for their product.
Alongside Product Marketing, you will largely be involved in Market & Customer Research. A crucial element to this role is that the customer's voice is heard and you tailor the proposition accordingly. The aim will be for the Product Manager to spend a great deal of time in a customer facing capacity, be the go-to-person for all market detail.
Finally, Product Management and Innovation will be a significant strand to the Product Manager's responsibility. This will include:
- Developing a suite of products and services that maximise the value to all stakeholders: Build product and service concepts, validate and build business opportunity cases and market & customer requirements
- Establishing product requirements that ensure a strong and clear value proposition for the product by customer segment
- Owning the product and service roadmap
- Representing the customer in decision making
- Working alongside a technical and product development team though all product innovation stages to ensure strong competitive differentiation while also meeting time to market expectations
The successful Product Manager will have a background focusing on developing value propositions, researching and understanding the market place and managing the product life cycle.
Other essential skills, attributes and qualifications include:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business, Science or Marketing as well as 3 5 years of marketing experience in a manufacturing environment. An advanced technical or business-related degree (MBA) is desirable
- A strong understanding of industrial maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) applications
- Must have a passion for product ownership and business development
- Influencing skills and ability to persuade both internally and externally
- Partnering and collaboration skills: working closely with Sales, Technical, Operations and Marketing, both locally and internationally to enable successful delivery of the strategy
- Additional field sales experience would be considered an advantage
- Must possess and demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills and have a proven track record of thriving in a team environment
- Ability to deliver results through exceptional project management skills and natural leadership capabilities
- B2B and industrial channel experience is preferred
What's on offer
On offer to the successful Product Manager will be a very competitive basic salary, plus a company car and 15% bonus potential.
In addition is the opportunity to thrive in a growing global organisation and be part of the development of the marketing team across Europe.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPMI13860813Z