Consumer Insight & Planning Manager – Dublin
Consumer Insight & Planning Manager – Dublin
Leading drinks brands
c.€65-70K + Exceptional Benefits Package + Bonus
Fantastic opportunity for exceptional insight specialist to bring their skills, passion, strategic rigour, creativity and flair to this fab role with a global leader in the drinks industry. This is a role for a bold thinking brand planner; someone who wants to bring their skills and ideas to one of the best and most respected insight functions globally – driving brand performance in the short term while building equity in the long term on a portfolio of big, iconic and smaller and newer brands in a huge and vibrant category in the Irish and UK markets. As part of a high-calibre European team based in London and Dublin, you will share the ambition to deliver thought leadership and action by consistently unlocking powerful insights that inspire marketing and innovation ideas, working with brand, innovation and shopper marketing teams to ensure brilliant execution in the market and conversion at the point of purchase.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
This is a role for someone who can bring a sharp insight and forward thinking to the development of marketing and innovation activity based on consumer, shopper, category and cultural understanding.
- Proactively defining and communicating opportunities for brand growth to enable the creation and execution of outstanding growth drivers by unleashing deep consumer and shopper insight and learnings from measurement and evaluation.
- Ensuring brand strategies are translated to clear opportunities to win at the point of purchase, based on sound shopper and on trade insight.
- Creating a sustainable and vibrant consumer and shopper culture across the team by continually bringing to life the consumer/ shopper –motivations, on and off trade environment and cultural context.
- Providing strategic leadership, insight/key learning throughout the annual planning process. This ranges from measuring and evaluating previous years’ activities, to providing consumer and shopper insight and inspiration, to facilitating workshops, to leading the category/brand/ customer marketing team with an objective opinion on the key issues to be addressed and the way forward
- Owning all stages of primary and secondary research, from methodology selection to agency management, maintaining high standards of reporting to ensure learnings are presented in an actionable, inspiring way.
- Proven track record in insight/research/planning roles with a significant focus on strategic planning. Brand positioning and advertising development experience an imperative.
- Insatiable curiosity for understanding consumers and the world they exist in, with evidence in applying this to drive brand growth.
- At least c.6-7 years’ experience in a Consumer Insight/Planning or Market Research role within a consumer goods organization with strong brand/consumer focus or within advertising agency planning or in a strategically focused research agency role.
- Proven track record in research/planning roles with a significant focus on brand and shopper planning.
- Insatiable curiosity for understanding consumers and shoppers, coupled with commercial know how. Ability to translate the consumer/ shopper understanding to opportunities for commercial growth.
- Resilience combined with emotional intelligence to build collaborative and powerful relationships.
- Knowledge or experience of the alcohol world is advantageous, but not imperative.
- Strong confident communicator. Excellent facilitation skills, capable of leading and inspiring creative development. Good influencing skills and ability to bring together thinking from multiple stakeholders.
A true blue-chip premier league global FMCG business which has always prided itself on its ability to build strong and popular brands with innovative and heavyweight A&P activity. The culture is demanding and challenging and high levels of personal commitment and performance are expected but in return the rewards and opportunities for career development internationally are superb.
The Tarsh Partnership is committed to finding the right roles for talented candidates. We are a leading name in marketing recruitment with extensive marketing and recruitment experience working with brand management, communications, category management, customer marketing, brand consulting and insight/research specialists across a wide range of industry sectors. If you would like to discuss this role, please e-mail or call Adam Tarsh now. firstname.lastname@example.org tel: 020 7849 6875.