Packexe® needs an ambitious, talented, experienced and exceptional marketer who is looking for a hands-on role in a fast, innovative business. This is an exciting role for an individual with business to business marketing experience, a strong pedigree in PR and Branding and a varied marketing skill set.
We can offer you
• the opportunity to develop your career with an innovative, successful business, where you can play a pivotal role in our future success
• Exeter based
• a company continually investing in staff, products, processes and environment
• the opportunity to work on diverse projects, across a broad range of industries, including Emergency Services, automotive, medical and construction
• a small, experienced, honest and busy management team to support you in your role
• a company who has been awarded the Royal Warrant and is a Key Sponsor for The Exeter Chiefs
• a pension scheme
What the role involves
• plan and implement marketing campaigns to both new and existing contacts
• liaising with magazines, negotiating and booking advertising, editorial and press releases
• writing copy and designing advertisements
• working with the management team on product development, including research, packaging designs, advertising campaigns and route to market planning and implementation
• competitor analysis and market place research
• planning, developing and maintaining social media, both specific campaigns and day to day running
• work closely with our global distributors on sales and advertising campaigns and provide supplier support across a broad range of industries
• organise and attend internal and external events, including national and international exhibitions
• sourcing promotional merchandise
• responsible for creating, reviewing and maintaining sales literature and website copy
• database management
• general administrative duties.
The first projects you will be working on include:
• we are in the process of trying to implement a national, multi sector mailing campaign which will include a product catalogue which is yet to be designed
• after a few years of limited advertising, we are now ready to allocate advertising budget across all of the sectors we are involved in
• we have never paid attention to our social media – this requires urgent attention
• we have two new products awaiting sales literature, website content and packaging design
This is a practical, hands on role and we are looking for the following
• a minimum of two years’ experience in a business to business, senior marketing role
• proven experience in delivering projects similar to those listed
• a minimum of two years’ experience working in a business development role, strong commercial awareness is essential
• a marketing based degree, or a Diploma from the CIM
• experience in planning, organising and carrying out marketing campaigns
• experience of managing and developing social media accounts
• experience in Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign preferred
• someone prepared to travel both nationally and internationally
• the ability to work under pressure, to deadlines and in a constantly evolving area of the business
You should have excellent communication skills, be creative and a strong negotiator, who is extremely organised and able to multi-task. You must be prepared to carry out all aspects of this role and be happy to work on your own, although with the support of the management team.
This is a permanent, full time position, although a fixed term contract will be considered. Somebody at this level will probably require a salary at £35,000+ per annum, however, we are prepared to consider all candidates who have the experience, qualifications and ability to deliver.
Core hours Monday – Friday 08:45 – 17:15, however due to the nature of the role additional hours will be required.
If you are prepared to take on this challenging role please send your CV and covering letter, quoting reference ME09/17 to:
Personnel Dept., Packexe Ltd, Marsh Green Road North, Exeter, EX2 8NY.
Previous applicants need not apply.