Senior Insight Manager
About the role
This is a very exciting role. As Senior Insight Manager, you will be part of the Research and Insight team for a leading not for profit organisation, working across all areas of their business providing primary research, collating secondary information and data to develop consumer understanding and provide evidence based recommendations to grow industry knowledge and aid the development and delivery of the organisation’s strategic priorities.
Your role will involve working with internal and external teams to develop consumer insights to better target consumer groups. You will need strong research project and data handling experience - quantitative experience and exposure to both ad hoc and continuous insight from an agency or client side environment.
Shape of the role and typical projects
- Identify, collate and synthesis existing research, along with commissioned primary research to inform to grow the business knowledge base.
- Work with the Head of Research to build and deliver an ongoing research and insight rolling 18 month schedule.
- Work closely with cross functional teams -specifically Marketing, Digital and Commercial Divisions to deliver projects which will ensure market leading insight expertise, which in turn will support and influence key business decisions that help shape the organisation’s strategic plan.
- Grow the in house commercial and digital research capability – training the team and establishing best practice.
- Act as lead contact for internal and external clients, and agencies.
- Working to identify potential new sponsorship partnership opportunities.
- Working end to end with marketing on campaign work
You will have a proven track record of senior leadership from within an agency or client side role leading project teams and will have worked on end to end multi-disciplinary research projects covering digital, marketing and commercial sponsorship and partnership campaigns. You will have a real talent for analysing complete data and simplifying it into easy to understand formats and great story telling ability, enabling you to talk succinctly and creatively – inspiring internal and external stakeholders to act on meaningful consumer insight that will shape the our client’s strategic plans .
You will ideally have experience in the following:
- Have worked on continuous and ad hoc projects – brand monitoring, product concept testing, advertising research, presenting at SMT/board level
- Will have lead project teams and managed cross functional projects.
- Strategic planning, positioning and creative development projects
- Designing, implementing and delivering bespoke research programmes
- Experience of working in sponsorship/partnership measurement (ROI focus)
- Experience of working on the delivery of primary research projects
- Demonstrable skills in using a wide array of secondary sources to inform decisions on business issues and increase overall insight delivery
- Excellent analytical skills – must be able to manipulate ‘big data’ qualitative and quantative data to produce usable data sets and reports/analysis
- Experience of app and web analytics and the software needed to mine these types of data sets (Flurry, Google Analytics, Apple App Analytics and Sysomos)