Social Media Coordinator
Job Title: Social Media Coordinator
Company: Fender EMEA
Location: East Grinstead, West Sussex
Responsible to: Digital Marketing Manager
1. Key Purpose of the Job
The Social Media Coordinator will be responsible for building engagement and community growth across Fender’s social media channels through creation and curation of quality content.
Working within the Fender EMEA Marketing Department, the Social Media Coordinator will:
• Develop and execute Fender’s social media strategy across different markets within the EMEA region
• Ensure that Fender’s social activity drives towards the agreed marketing strategies.
2. Main Responsibilities
• Support the development and execution of Fender’s social media presence (primarily Facebook & Twitter) in the UK, Germany, France, Spain and Portugal, based on agreed strategies and targets.
• Manage the day-to-day administration of each of Fender’s social media channels, including the sharing of content and community management.
• Proactively engage with and build community, creating a true 2-way dialogue with fans
• Work with the Artist Relations team to mobilise AR content across Fender’s social channels in line with corporate strategies and AR agreements.
• Report on channel performance and make strategic recommendations for content optimisation.
• This role will require occasional travel throughout the EMEA region.
• Ad-hoc projects as directed by the Digital Marketing Manager
This is an indication of the main responsibilities of the role and the Company reserve the right to amend the content of the role at its discretion.
3. Key Working Relationships
Digital Marketing Manager
EMEA Marketing Team
Global Marketing Team in the US
Fender Digital team
Fender consumers via social channels
Artists & Artist Management
Fender agency partners
4. Person Specification
• Proven experience within a marketing or business environment and/or a marketing degree
• Advanced knowledge of online marketing, including corporate social media techniques and strategies
• Copywriting skills
• Accomplished organisational and administration skills
• Strong IT skills including knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
• Finger on the pulse of news, current affairs and social trends
• Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines
• Flexible and proactive approach
• Ability to develop and maintain effective, positive working relationships internally and externally
• Self motivated with a can-do attitude and positive outlook
• Results focused
• European languages a STRONG advantage (French/German in particular)
• Working knowledge of Spredfast
• Knowledge of other Microsoft Software Programs and Adobe Photo Shop or similar design/graphic software.
• An understanding of the UK & ROI Music Industry
• An understanding of the UK & ROI Musical Instrument Industry
• Knowledge of FMIC brands
• Marketing or Business degree