Director of Creative Content
Director of Creative Content
12 months Fixed Term Contract
We are seeking a leader in the creative and communications sector to join us as Director of Creative Content. You will provide leadership to Save the Children, in the creation of compelling, astounding and delighting stories, and the generation of world-class creative content.
Working in more than 120 countries, we do whatever it takes to create breakthroughs in the way the world treats children. Our Marketing and Fundraising divisions exist to inspire millions of people – from individuals to large corporate organisations – to support our quest for change. Together, we save children’s lives, fight for their rights and help them fulfil their potential.
Exploiting the power of storytelling through outstanding and compelling creative content that creates a deep connection for existing and new audiences will be key to this role, as we adapt and enhance our marketing activity to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving communication environment. You will be responsible for the overall quality and effectiveness of all content produced by the UK Creative Content team, and the Global Creative Content Unit. You will also:
- Write and implement a UK Content Strategy, UK Content Calendar and Story Calendar
- Write and implement an ethical framework for best practise in content gathering and use
- Provide leadership across Save the Children UK, SCI and members, in the arena of content gathering and usage and best ethical practise in this area
- Provide leadership across Save the Children UK, SCI and members, in the arena of content sharing and best practise in this area
- Manage performance through developing annual work plans for both your team and individual staff, and monitoring work through regular supervision and annual appraisals
To be successful you will have extensive experience leading in a creative environment in both the charity sector and commercial worlds. You will have field experience of telling stories in the developing world, and be a passionate advocate for the power of storytelling with experience of telling real stories about challenging global situations. With a strong understanding of international development issues, you will also have:
- Demonstrable knowledge of both offline and digital platforms and how creative content is effectively used for marketing, campaigning and media to access and mobilise large audiences
- Experience of delivering a coherent strategy meeting multiple objectives
- Experience of managing senior level external contacts and creative agencies
- Exceptional contacts within the creative industries
- Strong journalistic skills, with the ability to write clear, effective briefs for communication staff
- Experience of staff management including ability to motivate a team, set priorities, achievable work plans, and evaluate progress
- Experience of managing a large budget
- Exceptional communications, stakeholder management and project management and planning skills
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. If you share our mission, are passionate about making it happen and strongly believe you can contribute then join us and we'll give you every opportunity to succeed. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply please visit our website.
Closing date: 24th September 2017