Marketing, PR & Communications Manager
Our client Forget Me Not are looking for someone special; who strives to be brilliant, constantly challenging the status quo to do something inspiring, out of the ordinary and magical.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced marketing and communications professional to join them and manage the marketing department at a time of significant growth. This position will work closely with the Communications Director to develop and deliver an engaging and powerful marketing and communications strategy.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the creation, implementation and evaluation of the annual marketing and communications plans which will support our ambitions growth plans. You will support fundraising and recruitment activity as well as driving awareness, amongst families and care professionals, of the services we provide at both our hospice locations and throughout West Yorkshire and North Manchester. You will play a pivotal role in championing brand awareness, effectiveness and consistency at an incredibly exciting time for the organisation.
You will be a passionate and well established marketing and communications professional with a proven track record of delivering successful marketing and communications plans to a wide and diverse audience base. You will have the ability to very quickly embed yourself within the organisation and take responsibility for delivering a full mix marketing and communications plan. You will be comfortable working with colleagues at all levels and working to tight, demanding deadlines and have the confidence to represent Forget Me Not both internally and externally through inspiring and engaging communications.
Main Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Produce annual integrated marketing and communications plans for each core audience (children and families, supporters and team members) in line with the organisational strategy.
- Gain a full and in-depth understanding of Forget Me Not and our stakeholders and act as a marketing and communications consultant to all areas of the organisation.
- Act as guardian for the organisation’s brand, including our visual identity, and ensure a consistent and appropriate use of language and tone of voice across all assets.
- Through your passion and commitment to the charity, inspire and train others to positively promote Forget Me Not and our services.
- Create, implement and embed an agency model structure into the Marketing department providing ongoing detailed evaluation to the Communications Director.
- Manage the day to running of the Marketing department including line management of Marketing Executive, Creative Copywriter and Volunteers.
- Implement effective two-way communication strategies for each audience, include internal communications.
- Use initiative and creativity to create and implement fresh marketing strategies.
- Define and regularly refresh key messages for each audience by working closely with the Commercial and Care teams.
- Build close working relationships with all local and national media to achieve frequent, timely and positive media coverage across all available media.
- Develop a clear social media strategy for the charity and take the lead on managing an active, engaging and high profile social media presence across all relevant channels and communities.
- Keep abreast of market opportunities within third sector and beyond to capitalise on opportunities for media work, social media and other communications activity.
- Be aware of the Children’s Healthcare environment and proactively manage Forget Me Not’s inclusion in key discussions.
- Implement an effective eMarketing communication plan to reach and continually update the charity’s audiences.
- Manage the organisation’s online presence ensuring it is constantly updated and relevant.
- Develop a testing and evaluation approach; setting objectives for each campaign, including testing opportunities, conducting post activity evaluation including ROI.
- Gather, prioritise, track and report on workload and tasks within the team.
- Manage and optimise the use of the marketing budget.
- Be a spokesperson for Forget Me Not, speaking publicly and often in high profile situations.
- Minimum of 5 years marketing and communications management experience.
- Marketing or Communication degree or CIM qualification desirable.
- Proven and demonstrable experience managing both offline and online marketing essential.
- Experience of charity sector not essential but an advantage.
- Demonstrable evidence of running effective and efficient marketing and communications campaigns.
- Experience in management of external agencies.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and confident public speaker.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Commercially focused and results driven with the ability to accurately manage budgets and agency spend.
- Strong influencing skills.
- Proactive, initiative taker and strategic thinker.
- Have a hands-on approach, with the ability to lead from the front and help to transition / grow your team.
- Effective manager with the ambition, conviction and personal charisma to inspire the team.
- Aligned to the values of the charity with a commitment to the aims and purpose of FMNCH.
- Full UK Driving licence.