We’ve got limitless ambition. Have you?
The University of Reading is one of the UK’s leading research intensive universities. It is operating in a highly competitive, global market and it has never been so challenging to attract research income, students, academic and professional staff.
It is the role of the Marketing, Communication and Engagement (MCE) function to provide expert, professional marketing, engagement and communication strategy and delivery. We work in a matrix management model to build the University’s reputation, brand and profile, and deliver robust, innovative and global campaigns to support recruitment, fundraising and engagement targets.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Marketing and Campaigns team within MCE. This role supports a Marketing Business Partner to deliver marketing and publicity activities for professional services, such as HR, Estates and Facilities and Campaigns and Supporter Engagement, who play a key role in maintaining high standards in the recruitment and experience of students.
It will suit a highly professional marketer, with a relevant qualification or experience, who is looking to develop as an all-round, in-house marcomms practitioner. Experience of working in the HE sector is desirable but not essential.
You will have:
- Experience of developing and delivering marketing plans against approved objectives
- Understanding of the full marketing mix
- A self-starter who is able to manage and prioritise a busy workload
- Good project management skills
- Good communications skills (written and verbal) – ability to write concise, engaging copy for a non-technical audience
- Experience of managing internal and/or external suppliers in the creative briefing, design and print production process
- Good knowledge of digital trends and social media
- Experience of creating and managing website content
- Campaign management experience
- Creative and visual design awareness
- Understanding of the importance of measuring marketing activity to inform future developments
- Proven stakeholder management skills, to advise key clients on marketing and publicity matters, outlining potential new opportunities
- A good honours degree or relevant experience in Marketing/Communications/PR or related subject area
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience of working in a complex organisation
- Experience of working in the HE sector is desirable but not essential
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact either Ian Wilmot, Marketing Business Partner – Professional Services on 0118 378 8829 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Karen Smalley, Head of Marketing & Campaigns on 0118 378 8005 or email@example.com
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EEA candidates who do not already have permission to work in the UK should note that this role is not recognised as a graduate level job by UK Visas and Immigration and the Tier 2 sponsorship route is not available for non-graduate level occupations. There is further information about this on the UK Visas and Immigration Website.
To apply, please click on the apply button below.
Closing date: 31 August 2017.
Interview date: 12 September 2017.
The University is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce and we welcome applications for job-share, part-time and flexible working arrangements which will be considered in line with business needs.