Head of CRM & Customer Experience
Michael Page is partnering with Crossref in the hunt for a Head of CRM & Customer Experience. You'll be responsible for the full member lifecycle and will report to our Director of Member and Community Outreach to develop objectives, and strategies for meeting them. We are looking for an all-round talented customer relationship and services expert with a user focused mind-set and a passion to interpret data, improve processes and develop clear and efficient communications.
Details about the Client
Crossref is a global not-for-profit membership organization for scholarly publishing, working to make content easy to find, cite, link and assess. We do this in five ways: rallying the community; tagging metadata; running a share infrastructure; playing with new technology; and making tools and services to improve research communications. It's as simple—and as complicated—as that. Since January 2000 we have grown from strength to strength and now have over 8000 members across 114 countries.
We are now looking to grow our team with an experienced professional who will champion our onboarding, education and ongoing customer experience strategies.
Detailed Job Description
The Head of CRM & Customer Experience's responsibilities will include:
- Put in place and monitor processes for the full member lifecycle: initial contact, sign up, onboarding, education, uptake of new services, membership terminations.
- Manage the CRM system and integrations - segmentation, data entry, vendor management and connections with other tools.
- Manage the CRM system and integrations with other tools for marketing, ticketing and billing, ensuring clean data exchange and useful reporting.
- Recommend and be responsible for changes to processes that will improve member satisfaction and operational efficiency
- Ensure timely and high quality responses to queries through all channels
- Work with Outreach, Product, Finance and Technical teams to ensure there are effective workflows giving members a positive experience.
- Identify pain points for members and propose solutions to improve the member experience
- Flag top contact reasons and help drive prompt resolution of customer-impacting issues
- Contribute to creating and localising help content, e.g. macros, FAQs, website content, best practice guides.
We're looking for someone who will lead the charge in transforming our member onboarding process by challenging what we've always done, embracing change, and making bold suggestions whether or not they're directly related to your role. You'll ideally display:
- Adaptability and enthusiasm for change
- A collaborative and can-do attitude
- An inclination to experiment and learn new things
- A proven track record in simplifying processes to drive customer experience
- A passion to understand and improve customer experience
- Confidence to advocate internally for member needs before operational needs
- A love of data, segmentation, reporting, and analytics
- Experience with business analysis principles and techniques
- Ability to translate analytics into business proposals
- Process mapping and designing
- Experience managing customer service tools such as e.g. CRM (Sugar, helpdesk, email, social media, and contract management
- Fluency in English and ideally at least one other language
- Team management experience with remote and international teams
- Minimum 8 years' experience managing international customer experience for a digital brand, science/tech start-up, or professional association
What's on offer
Crossref are offering the opportunity to join a growing business in a newly-created position that is providing autonomy. You can really make the role your own, including further recruitment to grow the team.
The Head of CRM & Customer Experience position is a full-time permanent opportunity which will be based in our Oxford office, with occasional travel.
Crossref offer a flexible working environment, a great benefits package and will offer a competitive salary for the right candidate.
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply or contact Leslie Davies at Michael Page on 01189 559588
All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPMI13844527Z
Closing Date: 04/09/2017
Apply for Head of CRM & Customer Experience
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly