The Marketing manager role will be principally responsible for driving the offline marketing strategy for Ocado’s destination sites, namely Fetch.co.uk and Fabled.com, with the aim of both maximising the sales opportunity from within our own customers databases, but also to explore and refine an acquisition strategy utilising traditional offline marketing channels.
· Management and effective allocation of a tight marketing budget.
· Working with and supporting the assistant marketing managers to review and build on their effort.
· Look for new ways to leverage existing creative assets to reach and explore new markets.
· Use data about our customers combined with market research to create a deeper understanding of how our audience is.
· Review our customer data to discover new and responsive segments to market to.
· Analyse campaign performance to continually tweak and improve execution.
· Champion both acquisition and retention campaigns.
· Have an understanding of channel contribution, attribution and the halo effect, but find ways to actively measure and track campaign effectiveness.
· Be comfortable at presenting campaign performance, key metrics and future plans to a wider group.
· Work closely with the Digital Marketing manager to ensure campaign rollouts are smooth and consistent across all channels.
· Own the over-arching Marketing calendar for both Fetch and Fabled.
· Keep an eye on our competition and the market so we can stay ahead.
· Working with Ocado.com marketing and insight teams to leverage their customer databased to drive destination site sales.
· Working with the Fabled team out of the Blue Fin office in London to plan out campaigns.
Skills & Expectations
· Highly numerate and able to easily interpret data for analysis.
· Project management
· Budget management
· Contract negotiation
· Print management
· Understanding core CRM principles and customer segmentation
· Have a good understanding and previous experience of print marketing, ideally within retail.
· Have a proven track record in building brand awareness and identifying new responsive audiences.
· Be commercially minded, constantly looking to achieve maximum ROI from the available budget.
· Be always reviewing and optimising our efforts, whilst keeping an eye out for new opportunities.
· Be a self-starter with strong organisation skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
· Have some stakeholder management experience, particularly in planning and coordinating across internal departments.
· Have good attention to detail.
· Deliver projects on time.
· Provide clear direction and support for the team.