Group Marketing Manager
Are you a senior marketing professional who can blend creative flair with exceptional project management skills whilst understanding of the importance of data?
Reporting to the General Managers of Foxhills Club and Resort and Farleigh Golf Club, you will create annual marketing and communication plans for both businesses, aligned to their values and business plans, and manage and support a team of two. In conjunction with the Director of Sales, you will create and take ownership of the Sales & Marketing budgets, ensuring activities are continually refined in line with the best possible ROI.
As a key business function, you will work alongside teams in membership sales, golf, meetings & events, bedrooms, food & beverage, spa and more, ensuring that all areas are supported whilst the overall business targets are reached or exceeded.
As custodian of the brand, you will have a strong attention to detail and live and breathe The Foxhills Collection’s tone of voice and brand values. You will be as comfortable pitching sponsorship opportunities to local businesses as you are when explaining the importance of data collection to a casual waiter in one of the restaurants.
An ability to adapt to changing business needs and flex your message suitably for your audience is essential; you will love to roll up your sleeves and get involved, not just delegate to your team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Digital marketing, including in-house experience of CMS, SEO and PPC
- Design – both creating and supervising agencies and in-house teams
- Managing data in line with Data Protection Laws
- Analyse and report to Senior Management (including Owner) the impact of Marketing activities against objectives. As a family business, you won’t have massive budgets to spend so a focus on ROI is imperative
- Manage and develop the team, and enhance the understanding of Marketing’s function in all departments, ensuring timely support for business needs
- Public Relations and internal communications
This role is primarily based at Foxhills with travel to Farleigh approximately once a week. Although generally a weekday position occasional evening and weekend work may be required in line with functions and events taking place.
Our Ideal Applicant:
- Ability to multi-task. You will be managing a team split across locations, and the needs of multiple departments in a thriving business
- Experience of using CMS, and in-house implementation of SEO and PPC – you are a doer, not just someone who has managed agencies. Google Analytics experience is a must
- Managing and cleansing large volumes of data in line with Data Protection laws, and growing a culture of ‘data importance’ throughout the business. A practical, ‘hands on’ experience of CRM is vital
- Written and spoken communication skills – as comfortable reporting on marketing activities to senior managers as filming a story about golf course irrigation with a greenkeeper
- Creating and managing budgets to support business needs. You get a buzz from a healthy ROI
- Strategic and management experience – you can support your team on the details, but retain the ability to think ‘big picture’ when planning ahead
- Minimum five years in a senior marketing position
- Experience working across multi-location businesses, ideally in the leisure/hospitality sector
- Experience in migrating data and/or operating systems preferred
- Design skills – creating work directly with Adobe Creative Cloud, as well as guiding a design agency and the team as they create collateral preferred
- Video editing and production skills preferred
- Public relations and/or internal communications experience preferred
- 28 days holiday increasing with service (includes public & bank holidays)
- Complimentary club membership for you and your family (qualifying period applies)
- Private healthcare & healthcare cashback schemes
- Complimentary anniversary hotel stay
- Freshly prepared hot and cold lunch and dinner options in our staff canteen
- Contributory pension scheme
- Employee awards
- Annual staff party
We endeavour to respond to all applicants, but should this not be possible, please assume you have been unsuccessful if we have not been in touch after 3 weeks.