Product Marketing Manager
This is an excellent role to manage all product marketing activities for the showers and water heating portfolio
You will devise and execute all product management and product marketing activities
Details about the Client
Redring Xpelair / GDC
GDC is the holding company for some of the best known brands in the heating industry, including Dimplex, Redring Xpelair, Creda NOBO, Faber, Robinson Willey, Valor, Glen, Unidare, Sunhouse and Winterwarm.
The company is based in Southampton and employs approximately 250 office and field staff. It is a subsidiary of the privately owned Glen Dimplex Group, which operates from Southern Ireland. The Glen Dimplex Group has over 40 companies worldwide, employing over 10,000 staff and an annual turnover of €2 billion.
GDC has a policy of continuous investment in all the brands it is responsible for – from product development right through to customer service. An ongoing programme of research, together with careful monitoring of customer needs and design trends helps direct this investment.
No-one else in the industry invests more in developing products that constantly set new standards, with a central design facility on the outskirts of London and product category focused research teams at factories in the UK and Europe.
Glen Dimplex acquired Redring Xpelair in 2006, over the last 18 months Glen Dimplex has invested £10 million in to the business unit. This investment was designed to cement the position of Redring Xpelair as the market leader manufacture of ventilation, showering and hot water solutions for the domestic and commercial markets.
Detailed Job Description
Product Marketing Manager – Redring Xpelair / GDC Group – Peterborough / Southampton
As Product Marketing Manager you will be responsible for managing a broad range of showers and water heating products. You will work closely with the channel marketing and sales teams to ensure product development is matched with technological advancements in line with identified customer needs. Your product marketing activities will drive product line revenues and profitability as well as delivering new products on time and in line with commercial objectives.
- Full lifecycle management of the product portfolio
- Responsible for the product road map
- Working with the R&D team to ensure new products are developed on-time, on-budget and on-specification
- Manage and mentor junior staff within the Product Marketing team
- Partner with colleagues to ensure the Tollgates process is efficiently managed
- Collaborate with channel marketing on the identification and prioritisation of customer and market opportunities
- · Making data driven decisions based on customer feedback, to ensure all new features developed are meeting customer needs
- Assist in developing go-to-market strategies for new products, solutions and services
- Develop and roll-out product and sales training material as required
- Brief and partner with the Marcom team to create suitable promotional and messaging for new and existing products
- Create innovative product positioning strategies based on an informed understanding of market needs
- ·ranslate insights and analysis into opportunities, develop strategies and plans and work with sales teams to drive product and brand growth
- Work closely with the Marcom team to deliver product launch
To be suitable for this Product Marketing Manager role you will need:
- Ideally experience within the water or shower market, if not experience within the wider manufacturing market
- Experience of lifecycle management as well as management of the product road map
- A proven track record of taking products to market and defining go to market strategies
- Experience managing pricing
- Experience liaising closely with the sales team as well as the marketing function
- Strong analysis and numerical skills
- Great commercial acumen
- To live within commuting distance of Peterborough and occasional travel to Group Southampton office
What's on offer
£40,000 - £50,000 + Car + Package
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPMI13836865Z