Digital Content & Ecommerce Executive – Food
Job title: Digital Content & Communications Executive
Location: Vauxhall, London
Salary: £21,000 - £23,000
Hours: Full time, Temporary until 30th September 2017
Creative food-fanatic with strong writing skills, commercial awareness and a passion for digital content required to join the team in Vauxhall.
Do you have a passion for food? Are you a natural writer? If the answer is yes, then get in touch!
The company is the online retail destination for quality produce and hard-to-find ingredients - a haven for the daring and curious cook. They have scoured the globe for rare and exquisite gems, ranging from the finest British seasonal fare to the most sought after luxury delicacies.
They shout from the rooftops about their great produce through their writing, photography, recipes, newsletters and our blog and we are seeking a food-loving, commercially aware, wordsmith to join their small, but lively team. Your main responsibilities will be taking charge of the website's content: writing product descriptions, managing categories and helping to generate engaging content for the website, blog, and social media.
The key focus to the role is researching and writing product descriptions, working closely with the managerial team to keep all the new and exciting products coming in and going up on the website.
They're looking for someone who loves to cook and knows their wagyu from their salsify - or knows how to find out quickly, if not! A flair for photography and an understanding of marketing content strategy would be great, too. This role holds a lot of responsibility with scope for the right candidate to progress within a small company, so demonstrate thorough organisation, creativity and a willingness to learn and that could be you!
* Taking lead responsibility for content on the website.
* Researching and writing product descriptions.
* Creating engaging, and commercially focussed content across the website and other digital platforms.
* Managing categories, adjusting prices and controlling seasonal products.
* Liaising with suppliers.
* Contributing news, recipes and features to the blog.
* Potential to assist with marketing emails as you grow within the company.
* Assisting with daily ad-hoc tasks.
Essential Skills and Experience:
* Strong writing skills, preferably from an e-commerce background.
* Have a strong sense of brand, commercial and technical awareness.
* A love of food and cooking and knowledge of ingredients.
* Strong organisational skills with the ability to multitask.
* Ability to take initiative and a willingness to try new things.
* Strong research and analytical skills.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
* Experience with database management.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
* Confident with the Microsoft Office suite and experience of Wordpress or other CMS systems such as Magento.
* A basic understanding of SEO.
* An understanding of social media and an understanding of its function in a business context.
* Experience of dealing with press and/or PRs.
* Photography and basic photo editing experience, or an appreciation for how to style a strong image.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Content Manager, Marketing Executive, Content Officer, Digital Marketing Advisor, Digital Marketing Consultant, Marketing Analyst, Digital Marketing Manager, Digital Content Advisor, Digital Marketing Administrator, Marketing Assistant, Digital Content Officer, Marketing Manager, Marketing Coordinator, Digital Marketing Analyst, Digital Content Assistant, Senior Marketing Executive, Digital Marketing Officer, SEO will also be considered for this role.