Head of Communications – EMEA
Head of Communications – EMEA
Reporting to Group Marketing Director (based in London)
Broadway Malyan is a global architecture, urbanism and design practice with 16 studios across world centres. Over the past two years, we have been creating an integrated Global Marketing team to strengthen our global brand and support business growth.
Reporting directly to the Group Marketing Director, this role will be responsible for developing the Marketing Plan for the EMEA region in-conjunction with the Regional Board Directors. We have studios in Madrid, Lisbon, Warsaw, Abu Dhabi and Dubai, but deliver projects in countries across the region.
The role will also lead on a range of global initiatives that will need to be implemented appropriately across some or all markets.
This position would suit someone with a broad marketing communications experience who has previous EMEA experience who is willing to travel regularly to the studios within the region.
A key requirement is to be multi-lingual in English and Spanish.
The corporate business strategy will lead to a range of initiatives that will need to be developed and implemented across the business. Within the key responsibilities for all senior members of the Group Marketing team is:
- To lead on and implement global communication initiatives or projects.
- To act as a custodian of the Global Brand to ensure integrity and consistency are maintained throughout all marketing activities.
- To contribute to the overall Global Marketing Strategy.
Effective EMEA Marketing Strategy
To work closely with the EMEA Regional Board Directors to create and deliver a proactive and effective marketing strategy to raise our profile in key markets and sectors in line with the objectives of the Group Marketing strategy.
To ensure that our external profile strengthens our global brand, but reflects the needs and requirements of the local market.
Align all initiatives with Broadway Malyan’s corporate and region objectives to deliver growth and profit targets
Manage projects and initiatives within an agreed budget giving due consideration to achieving value for money.
Regional Sector Strategy Planning
To research and develop a marketing plan to build profile and optimise market opportunities within our primary key sectors for the region. This will involve:
- Monitoring on-going market developments and trends that may influence our key sectors and clients within those countries.
- Agreeing clear marketing and BD sector objectives for the region
- Developing studio or country specific marketing and Business developments plans to deliver the regional sector objectives.
Business Development and Bid Management
This role is to support BD and Bid Management within the region by:
- Researching potential business development targets
- Co-ordinating internal BD meetings and maintaining trackers
- Developing communication initiatives that support BD activities
- Support BD activity in relation to all events and speaker engagements
- For bid management providing supporting content eg project sheets, images, statistical information.
Be able to assess, develop and implement the appropriate marketing communications mix (events, advertising, sponsorship, direct marketing, campaigns etc) for each sector and/or market. To gain a deep understanding of important market or cultural considerations and differences when developing global and regional collateral.
To ensure the web site contains current and accurate news and content that supports the EMEA & Americas strategy. To identify relevant social media and other digital platforms within markets that will optimise our profile.
Identify the key newspapers, publications and journals within the EMEA & Americas markets that would help raise our profile. Maintain regular contact with Regional directors and senior team members to develop and identify potential media stories and opportunities.
Work closely with our Head of PR to ensure we gain regular coverage utilising both global (where appropriate) and regional news, commentary and thought leadership.
To create a range of thought leadership content that position our Directors and other team members as experts in their field and supports the regional sector strategy. This will require research, interviewing directors, writing copy then optimising the content across all communication channels.
To work closely with the Regional Board Directors to agree on the allocation and expenditure of the regional business development budget. To monitor and report on the budget on a regular basis.
- Must have 7 years+ experience
- Multi-lingual in Spanish and English is essential.
- Marketing experience within the EMEA region
- Knowledge and experience within the design and construction industry especially architecture would be desirable.
- Team player – enjoys working with colleagues to achieve business goals
- Has strong influencing and collaboration skills to gain buy-in to marketing initiatives
- Highly organised with attention to detail
- Excellent communication, copywriting and presentation skills
Location: London Studio (regular travel)
If you are interested in this vacancy, please send your CV via the Apply button quoting the job title in the subject line. No agencies please.
Broadway Malyan is an equal opportunities employer