Category Development Manager - Online and Convenience
2 days left
- Full Time
Ball & Hoolahan are partnering with a leading FMCG company who are looking for a Category Development Manager to work across their high potential/ high growth customers providing customer related Insights to deliver Range, Merchandising, Promotional and Pricing solutions.
Reporting into the Strategic Category Manager, this role sits within the Customer Marketing function and supports the company’s growth. A proven track record developing sharp market insights to support Marketing and Sales teams is essential.
You will be able to champion additional distribution opportunities for the categories and be confident at presenting your ideas to internal and external teams. Strong numerical and analytical skills are key to this role, as well as an ability to exploit category opportunities.
This is a fantastic role for candidates that are looking to develop their career within an FMCG business that will provide really solid and thorough training with lots of opportunities for moving into other business sectors further down the line.
· To lead the category agenda for a specific channel and retailer and provide ad-hoc support when needed for other channels and customers
· Delivering category leadership to customers and to the organisation – developing and rolling out the category vision, strategically and in-year delivery
· Ensure the business becomes renowned for creating and implementing the best POP solutions which drive profitable growth for the business and the retailer
· Development & execution of a (4Ps) category plan with priority customers that delivers sustainable growth in a specific category
· To transform shoppers and retailers view of a specific category
The successful candidate:
· Solid FMCG experience in category management, preferably in a food category (FMCG, retailer or Agency background)
· First-hand experience of managing customer relationships- proven skills in negotiation and influencing key contacts; demonstrable delivery against the category agenda
· Have good analytical skills and are commercially minded
· Strategic thinker able to develop clear vision for the category within the retail environment and store formats
· Are an excellent communicator, both verbally and in presenting, with good facilitation skills
· Demonstrable capability of applying category management thinking.
· Strong understanding of shopper / market insight techniques and how they relate to category development
· are open minded/flexible and wanting to gain a broad skill set – i.e. open to moving around different areas of the business.
· Have a can-do attitude, hands on, keen to learn with the energy to work in this pacey, dynamic FMCG business.
To apply directly please send a copy of your CV and cover letter through to or alternatively please apply via the link below.
Whilst we will always endeavour to respond to you, due to the high levels of applications we receive this isn’t always possible. If you are not contacted within 3 working days, you have unfortunately not been shortlisted for this role.
** Please note that due to the high number of applicants we receive, we may not be able to respond to every application. If you don’t hear back from us within 3 days please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please continue to visit our website and register for job alerts as new opportunities arise on a daily basis **
Apply for Category Development Manager - Online and Convenience
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly