Head of Stakeholder Communications
1 day left
- Full Time
Job Description – Medicines Discovery Catapult
Title: Head of Stakeholder Communications
Reports to: Chief Business and Strategy Officer
Based at: The company is based in Alderley Park, Cheshire, and this role will be expected to spend time in the head office. With many stakeholder meetings in London, however, there may be some flexibility about work location for the right candidate.
The Medicines Discovery Catapult is the first of its kind in the UK, a central hub for the UK’s thriving life-science industry. It is one of eleven Catapult centres, established by Innovate UK to encourage innovation and growth in the UK’s high-potential industrial sectors. The aim of the Catapults is to bring expertise, innovation and investment together to improve national and international commercial success for new discoveries and businesses.
We will collaborate with academia and industry nationwide to develop new approaches for discovering the medicines of the future. By pooling knowledge and sharing expertise, the Catapult and its partners will work together to identify approaches which are more predictive, efficient and of higher scientific and economic value than is currently available, striving to become world-leaders in the industry.
We are looking for the very best people to join our team in driving the UK to the forefront of commercial success for medicines discovery.
Our stakeholders extend across biotech, pharma, research charities, the service and finance sectors; national and regional government.
The role of our Head of Stakeholder Communications is to devise and deliver our stakeholder management strategy, in order to help deliver our mission and focussed messages to these stakeholders.
Our Head of Stakeholder Communications will bring us active professional and specialist knowledge of external stakeholder communications and deliver relevant communications on target. Key stakeholders include the life sciences industry, academia, medical research charities, Research Councils, other Catapults and Whitehall.
We are looking for an enthusiastic communications professional with an interest in doing things differently and who shows that they understand the stakeholder and communications issues for this fast moving and complex business.
Our values are
- To empower people to be creative
- Providing permission to innovate, even if it means some things fail
- Trusting, respecting and helping one another to do the right thing
- Open and honest communication
- Dedication to quality and our mission
- Making the Catapult an enjoyable, healthy and exciting place to work
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To devise and deliver our stakeholder communications strategy, working closely with the Chief Business and Strategy Officer, Chief Executive and other relevant executive and marketing colleagues.
- To raise understanding of our mission and delivery through effective engagement with stakeholders.
- To represent us at key events (e.g. at biotechnology conferences, life science industry summits and other fora) in the UK and potentially abroad
- To innovate in and support digital communications and marketing for by creating and accurately delivering targeted stakeholder content
- To act as the main contact for our physical and on-line events
- To manage stakeholder monitoring and research activities (e.g. perceptions audits). Ensuring that key issues are identified and communicated inside and outside.
- To map and manage stakeholder communications, including establishing internal information systems, helping organise events and related activities, and frequently contributing content for social media.
Qualifications and Experience
- Demonstration of ability to identify, craft and drive messaging from internal discussions into targeted external communications across a range of channels
- A successful track record as a communications professional (essential) with a relevant qualification (e.g. CIPR diploma or similar) (desirable)
- Experience in the life sciences sector (highly desirable) and a BSc or equivalent qualification in a relevant subject (desirable)
- Demonstrable team working skills with evidence of working collaboratively and co-operatively with colleagues.
- Ability to organise and plan own work, with a track record of consistent delivery on time.
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to quality.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to ensure effective clear communication with a wide range of contacts both internal and external.
- Demonstration of the ability to work under sustained pressure and to tight deadlines.
- A flexible, pro-active approach to work including the ability to prioritise and re-prioritise to achieve successful outcomes.
- Ability to take decisions and execute on own initiative.
- Ability to deal with sensitive information with discretion and to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Excellent IT skills - including working knowledge of multimedia and social media platforms and website content management systems - as well as skills in relevant MS Office tools.
- Suitable qualifications in Maths (minimum GCSE grade B or equivalent) and English (minimum GCSE grade A or equivalent).
Equal Opportunities Statement
Medicines Discovery Catapult is an equal opportunities employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. Medicines Discovery Catapult will welcome applications from all suitably qualified applicants regardless of disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment status, marital or civil partnership status, race, religion/belief or age.
How to apply:
Please send your CV via the Apply button with the Job Reference SB03
Closing date: 21st July 2017
Apply for Head of Stakeholder Communications
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly