Employer Branding Specialist
Employer Branding Specialist
3-year contract with possibility of extension; subsequent appointment as permanent employee may be possible if conditions laid down in the EPO Service Regulations are fulfilled
Place of employment: Munich/The Hague
Application deadline: 14.07.2017
The Talent Acquisition Department is looking for an employer branding specialist to develop a stronger and more enhanced focus on the various talent acquisition channels to attract, engage and retain staff.
Assisting the talent acquisition managers and working closely with the External Communications directorate, your challenge is to bring the EPO story to life in a way that invites, excites and ignites top talent in the home market. To deliver on this challenge you will be given the opportunity to dynamically balance strategic thinking with "hands-on" work, by performing the following activities:
- Supporting the definition and implementation of an employee value proposition (EVP)
- Ensuring that all talent acquisition products, and all elements of the candidate lifecycle, are aligned to effectively communicate the employer brand and EVP
- Implementing new HR marketing and employer branding activities
- Translating the EPO's employer branding strategy into tailored messages for different target audiences
- Developing and managing recruitment campaigns using a variety of media
- Expanding the EPO's online presence for talent acquisition purposes on different employment sites and identifying new recruitment opportunities through social media
- Analysing HR data and metrics to identify the best sourcing channels and recruitment practices
- Planning and overseeing the production of all promotional material
- Developing the internal employer brand perception to foster internal movement
- Organising different types of events and assessing their success via surveys
- Supporting the budget administration of the related activities
- In co-operation with Central Procurement, managing the process of concluding the necessary contracts and acting as contact point for external service providers
- Other tasks as assigned
The ideal candidate will have
- a bachelor's degree or equivalent in HR, marketing, advertising or related fields
- at least five years of experience in e-marketing and/or social media promotions
- at least five years of experience developing and executing communication strategies as part of complex projects/project teams
- proven experience in dealing with and market knowledge of relevant international agencies
- extensive knowledge of social media and branding; knowledge of relevant digitisation challenges in employer branding
- a strategic mind, excellent organisational skills as well as the ability to work under pressure to very short deadlines
- excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- excellent interpersonal skills and proven experience in building thorough and useful networks internally and externally
- strong project management skills and advanced Microsoft Office proficiencyexperience with Success Factors would be an advantage
- Diploma of completed studies at bachelor's level or equivalent or in exceptional cases equivalent professional experience
- Working knowledge of two official languages (English, French or German)
- Citizenship of one of the member states of the European Patent Organisation
Salary and benefits
The EPO offers competitive salaries, an excellent social package, and varied work in a modern international environment. The net (basic) monthly salary* for this vacancy ranges from EUR 5 317.77 to 6 711.77, depending on experience. In addition, depending on their personal circumstances, EPO staff may be entitled to relocation benefits and various allowances (e.g. household, dependant's, childcare, education, expatriation, installation, rent and language allowance).
Process and timeframe
The successful candidate will be selected on the basis of qualifications and relevant experience, supplemented as appropriate by interviews, tests and/or a personality questionnaire.
It is intended to hold the interviews in week 36 in Munich.
Apply directly via the 'Apply' button.
As the patent office for Europe, the European Patent Office supports innovation, competitiveness and economic growth across Europe through a commitment to high-quality and efficient services delivered under the European Patent Convention. With expert staff, motivated to set worldwide standards, the EPO plays a leading role in developing an effective global patent system. All its relationships within the Office and with partners around the world prosper through efficiency, trust and transparency. Its processes empower people to use their knowledge and skills to the full.
Within the framework of the EPO's global strategy, Principal Directorate Human Resources (PD HR) is in charge of defining the strategies, policies and services supporting the performance and engagement of the Office's employees. Its Talent Acquisition department is responsible inter alia for developing the EPO's talent acquisition strategy to ensure a diverse workforce and to attract and select the best talents in Europe.
* after deduction of EPO internal tax and before deduction of staff contributions to the social-security and pension schemes