Senior Consumer Insight Manager
Consumer & Shopper Insight Manager – Leading Food company
£55,000 - £60,000 plus car allowance and excellent benefits
Based: Berkshire (with some flexibility to work from home)
This role is accountable for all aspects of consumer, shopper & market understanding across a portfolio of brands. You’ll be an effective champion for the voice of the consumer / shopper in the company, ensuring that they remain at the heart of the brand planning process. You’ll work closely with the Marketing and Category teams to identify the key consumer/shopper insights required to guide all key business initiatives and develop a cost effective research program to fulfil these needs. You’ll manage the research program from briefing through to results generation, working with Marketing, Category & local teams to generate key insights and actions arising from the research program ensuring research findings are applied systematically within the business. You’ll initiate and respond to requests for ad hoc analyses on key business issues, producing internal reports on category and brand performance for focus markets utilizing market tracking data and market reports. Additionally you’ll support the Head of Insights in the development of global understanding and insight generation to address cross market business issues.
Our Ideal Candidate
- A sharp thinker who is highly proactive and keen to add value
- Sound experience of consumer/shopper insight from either a blue chip FMCG company or a leading research agency that has worked with FMCG clients.
- Ideally strong expertise in both qualitative & quantitative consumer research
- An understanding of continuous market data/retail panel data and exposure to ad hoc research too (or willingness to up-skill)
- Ability to lead and educate marketing team on good market research practice
- Demonstrate a high level of accuracy in analysing data, research results and brand performance, with an ability to turn data into insight
- Strong personal skills and ability to manage research supplier relationships
- Strong communication skills, able to articulately present insights and make recommendations
- Highly analytical, passionate and focussed on results
- Good commercial and consumer knowledge of the FMCG market
Our client is part of a major food business with a portfolio of well-known and much loved FMCG brands. With a lean structure and positive, non-bureaucratic approach, they invest heavily in training & development and brands and have consistently offered excellent career development opportunities both in company and across the wider group locally and internationally.
The Tarsh Partnership is committed to finding the right roles for talented candidates. We are a leading name in marketing recruitment and have significant marketing recruitment experience working with brand management, communications, category management and insight / research specialists. If you would like to discuss this role, or any other roles that might be suitable, please e-mail or call one of the team now on 020 7849 6875.
If you don’t feel this role is quite right for you but think you know someone who might be suitable do please pass this advert on. We do offer a recommend a friend scheme and you could receive £200 of John Lewis vouchers should your recommended friend be offered and accept the role.