Commercial Analyst (FMCG)
Commercial Analyst c.£35-40K + Benefits Package
Strong analytical thinker with specific understanding of market & retail analytics and data needed for this challenging role with a major FMCG food business. Perhaps with a research/analytics agency background or maybe experience in another FMCG business, this is an excellent opportunity to use your understanding of retail EPOS, consumer panel and financial data to support marketing and business decision making. Working closely with agency partners, you’ll use analytics to understand the economic behaviour of shoppers in different categories, building mathematical models to test hypotheses, measuring retail price elasticity and identifying key drivers of sales performance. You’ll then use this data to make clear, actionable recommendations to senior management and stakeholders across the company.
Accountabilities also include:
* Time series and casual models, in particular regression analysis.
* Identifying key drivers of sales performance.
* Pricing, distribution and terms optimisation.
* Building models and tools to support business decision making.
Key Knowledge & Experience:
This is a role for a smart analytical thinker with a minimum of 2-3 years’ experience working with multiple data sets, ideally in FMCG. You’ll have previous experience working closely with marketing and sales teams, developing and implementing mathematical models/solutions, and will enjoy the intellectual challenge of using numbers to shape strategy. Other skills include:
- Ability to frame a question, formulate hypotheses and devise a means to test them.
- Able to gather and synthesise information from a range of sources, and extract key insights.
- Able to explain findings to a non-technical audience.
- A good grasp of Mathematics and Excel modelling skills and statistical principles.
- Knowledge of SPSS would be an advantage.
- Strong business partner with excellent communication skills – confident and able to build effective working relationships
- High commercial acumen – inputs in to business strategy through analytical insights
Our client is part of a major food business with a portfolio of well-known and much loved FMCG brands. With a lean structure and positive, non-bureaucratic approach, they invest heavily in training & development and brands and have consistently offered excellent career development opportunities both in company and across the wider group locally and internationally.
The Tarsh Partnership is committed to finding the right roles for talented candidates. We are a leading name in marketing recruitment with extensive marketing and recruitment experience working with brand management, communications, category management, customer marketing, brand consulting and insight/research specialists across a wide range of industry sectors