UK Brand Manager
Head of Marketing UK
Nelsons House, 83 Parkside, Wimbledon, London, SW19 5LP
To be responsible for the development and implementation of the marketing strategies for the selected brands in the UK (Spatone, Nelsons Arnicare and Nelsons homeopathic range).
- Develop and implement the local brand strategy and the UK annual marketing plans to deliver P&L targets (including value sales and profit)
- Develop and execute effective consumer communication plans to drive the new communication strategy for Spatone
- Liaise with media, creative and brand activation agencies to brief, agree and ensure the implementation of the Spatone comms campaign, including the media plan.
- Liaise with the internal PR team to make sure all brand activities are amplified in line with the brand strategy and the digital activation.
- Drive the digital agenda for Spatone, including content for the new website, social media, PPC, email, digital partnerships
- Develop actionable consumer insights based on the available consumer data, suggest new consumer research to further deepen the understanding of the consumer and implement with the external research agencies / leverage internal consumer database.
- Work closely with Regulatory Affairs department to ensure all communication is compelling to the consumer whilst also meeting regulatory requirements
- Work closely with the sales team to develop customer activity and investment plans to amplify and support consumer marketing plans. Manage and track both consumer and the shopper marketing budget.
- Utilise market (IRI, Nielsen, Boots AdCard) and EPOS data to monitor the brand performance including the mix/cannibalisation within the portfolio, and track initiative results
- Collaborate closely with the Sales team to gain an understanding of the key objectives & challenges by account. Use this knowledge to make recommendations for promotional activity, product range and account support.
- Work with the Commercial/Sales team to develop appropriate merchandising, POS and other support materials to increase brand’s visibility in-store.
- Work with the Sales team to understand customer retail training requirements for the UK and develop appropriate training materials.
New Product Development and Portfolio Management
- Develop a compelling business case for launch plans for new products, align the business objectives with the key stakeholders, including UK sales team and the Nelsons global central team.
- Manage all artwork changes and implement portfolio optimisation (minimize write offs, align with the internal Regulatory team on text amends and timelines).
This role would be suitable for someone who has previously worked in a hands-on marketing role, ideally in the brand activation local marketing position. You will need to be passionate about digital marketing and have a desire to further build your digital capabilities. We are looking for a team player with a positive attitude, who will be passionate about the brands she/he will be responsible, and be proactively driving their agenda.
- Degree or equivalent marketing qualification
Key skills, experience and behaviours
- Previous experience in brand management for 2+years
- Experience of executing brand strategies, development and implementation of the annual brand plan. Full management of the annual marketing budget.
- P&L management
- Project management
- Experience in managing creative and media agencies
- Working knowledge of the UK retail environment
- Understanding of the commercial picture and experience of delivering in-store campaigns with major UK retailers that drive uplifts in sales
- Ability to analyse data and present results
- Proactive with the ability to prioritise and organise own workload
- I.T. literate in Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Healthcare or FMCG sectors
- Result driven, passionate and resilient to overcome obstacles
- Team player with strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Entrepreneurial spirit, comfortable with ambiguity
- Passion for digital marketing (and KPIs) and willingness to further learn
- Experience of content development and management of social media (Facebook, Instagram)
- Experience of content development for the branded website
- Basic usage of Google Analytics
- Previous experience of working with regulated (licenced) products
To apply for this position, please click the Apply button.