Marketing Director - Leisure, Croydon area (15 minutes from Victoria Station)
We are working with a social enterprise business, that encourages its members to lead active and healthy lives through leisure activities and sporting events. They deal with important issue on tackling obesity (especially in children), creating positive social impact and encouraging healthy lifestyles through sports such as golf, swimming, gym and other activities. Leisure, entertainment and fitness is a booming sector, and that combined with a worthwhile cause makes this a very attractive cause to be part of!
The company is a membership organisation, with a diverse customer background from a demographic and geographic perspective. It has a heavyweight board, that have been tasked to diversify and grow the business, to ensure long term stability.
There are some very exciting innovations in the pipeline, that the marketing director and their team of brand managers will be instrumental in getting off the ground. This is a fast paced, exciting and innovative environment to be in.
Leading a team of 9 marketing professionals, with 4 direct reports, your role is to develop the marketing communications and brand strategy for the group, and implement it in the UK market. They do not describe themselves as "sophisticated marketers" yet, and this is something they are looking to upweight by bringing in this seasoned marketing director. They believe in insight and have invested heavily in this area, and are looking for this person to use customer understanding to strengthen their core proposition through innovation and communication.
It is important that you have the following credentials:
1. A strategic thinking that can create a vision, BUT, be able to inspire your team and agency's to executive it successfully
2. Strong digital experience - a large part of the role will be online in order to connect with their audience
3. Innovation and NPD - this is a key part in the growth strategy, so please make sure this shines through on your CV!
4. Retential and acquisition (CRM) - This is a membership organisation, so marketing automation will be required to speak to the customers
5. Leadership - this role requires a true leader, who can bring a large organsation on this transformational journey
6. PR and communications. This is both b2b and b2c (ideally)
If you have worked in a marketing position in a leadership capacity, for an industry that would compliment the above, then this role could be for you. If making a real difference is important to you, and you are passionate about social enterprise, then there could be a culture match too: We would love to hear from you. Click on the apply now button for more information.