Digital Marketing Manager
JOB ADVERT - Marketing Manager
NCH is looking for an experienced digital marketeer to join its dynamic marketing department as a Marketing Manager. Working with the Director of Marketing and other team members, the Marketing Manager will have responsibility for executing the marketing plan to achieve business objectives.
The successful candidate will have at least seven years of client-side marketing experience, having delivered multi-channel, through-the-line marketing to niche market segments, drawing from agency and in-house matrix team resources to deliver innovative, compelling and targeted marketing campaigns.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a seasoned marketeer to take genuine ownership for delivering the annual marketing plan to achieve challenging business objectives as part of a small and lively Marketing Department at an exciting time in the College’s development.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the development, delivery and optimization of the College’s digital marketing plan (Adwords, Display, Email, Listings, SEO, Social Media, PPC, etc.), adapting it as required to ensure achievement of goals, and to drive awareness and target audience acquisition, engagement and conversion
- Manage the development and maintenance the College’s website introducing new content and ongoing innovation in both design and functionality, and ensuring reliable functioning and high level of system availability, better-than industry standard page load times, to drive target market towards goal conversions,
- Lead the creation, curation and distribution of content designed to promote the College’s key messages and bring to life the passion of students, academics and staff at the College in order drive engagement and conversion of potential students
- Ensure accuracy and consistency across the digital portfolio according to the NCH brand and style, QAA, CMA and partner guidelines, and support the DM with the evolution of the brand identity and style guidelines in advance of each recruitment cycle and launch of new proposition
- Work with the DM to develop and present annual digital marketing plans, including targets and budgets, in accordance with annual planning cycle
- Support the DM with coordinating the delivery of the non-digital elements of the marketing plan including printed materials, events and direct mail campaigns
Measurement & analysis
- Coordinate maintenance, development and process compliance of all data collection tools ensuring consistency and accuracy in data collection, and their integration with key systems, in order to facilitate segmentation, targeted communications, KPI reporting and analysis
- Lead the definition and implementation of end-to-end tracking, conversion attribution, customer journey mapping, and analysis to evaluate marketing activity, optimising and integrating data from a multiple sources
- Produce monthly, half yearly and annual marketing performance reports and dashboards, including input from other team members, which provide actionable insights and identify trends, in order to inform strategic planning and tactical activity across the marketing portfolio
- Support the DM with the collection and analysis of consumer insights in order to inform the development of brand and communications strategy, and improve targeting capability
- Day-to-day management as client lead for marketing agencies (SEO, PPC, M&A, Website development)
- Line management of Marketing Executives, each responsible for their own portfolio of degree programmes and related target audiences
- Support the DM and other team members with ad hoc projects and analysis to ensure delivery of the marketing plan in full, and on time
- Occasional travel and work in unsociable hours will be required
- To familiarise, keep updated and comply with all College policies and regulations (e.g. Health and Safety, Data Protection, Staff Handbook, Academic Handbook, etc.)
- Developing and maintaining excellent working relationships with academic and professional support staff
- Any other duties commensurate with the level of responsibility of this post, for which the post holder has the necessary experience and/or training and as instructed by Director of Marketing or management.
Education, Qualifications and Training Essential/Desirable
- Good undergraduate degree, preferably from a Russell Group university; proven intellectual ability to keep up with bright and very bright co-workers and students E
- Over seven years client-side marketing experience incorporating the full marketing mix including website design and management, digital amplification across a variety of platforms and campaign analysis D
- Development and delivery of multi-channel marketing plans E
- Experience of targeting messages to specific audience segments D
- Experience of using social media to engage target audiences and drive key messages and conversion goals D
- Line management of team members E
- Managing agencies E
- Working with senior stakeholders E
- Experience of introducing innovation in design and functionality to enhance user experience E
- Experience of, and comfort with, working in a clear KPI performance environment E
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- SEO, PPC, GDN, Adwords, and Display E
- Technical understanding and experience of CMS (Wordpress), ECSS, DNS, HTML and PHP E
- Using social media platforms to achieve commercial objectives E
- Technical understanding of GA combined with analytical skills D
- Excellent written English D
- Mailchimp, or similar email client and segmented automated email streams D
- Ability to forge effective relationships with colleagues across a wide range of disciplines, backgrounds and levels of seniority E
- Ability to understand, communicate, implement and comply with marketing objectives, strategies, brand and creative guidelines in order to produce, direct and edit content that aligns with and supports defined key messages and campaigns E
- Ability to engage with colleagues and consumers to understand and explain objectives and strategy to achieve desired outcomes E
- Superb organisational skills E
- Proven commercial awareness combined with drive and ability to meet targets and deadlines to complete projects while maintaining strong attention to detail D
- Demonstrable ability and enthusiasm to work as part of a team, and to support co-workers with projects above and beyond scope of the role E
How to apply
The closing date for this post is 15 June 2017. However, we strongly advise that candidates submit their applications as soon as possible since we are considering candidates on application and may appoint before the closing date.
To apply please submit a covering letter together with your curriculum vitae via the Apply button to email@example.com. Please reference the subject as “MM0517”.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006. We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.