Global Category Director
We are seeking to appoint Global Category Director for the Advanced Wound Devices division of Acelity. This position will have a global responsibility for strategic activities, including; Strategy, Opportunity analysis, Portfolio Management and development, Lifecycle management, Global Market penetration, partnering with Research & Technology, Business Development and Health Economics & Reimbursement to bring new innovations to the market at the right value for market acceptance.
Details about the Client
Acelity is a leading global medical technology company committed to restoring people's lives through the development and commercialisation of advanced wound care. Acelity L.P. Inc. and its subsidiaries leverage the strengths of Kinetic Concepts, Inc. and Systagenix Wound Management, Limited. Our mission is to change the clinical practice of medicine with solutions that speed healing, reduce complications, create economic value and improve patient's lives.
We are global pioneers in advanced wound care, creating and growing new markets based on our ability to identify and address unmet clinical needs with products that advance the practice of medicine, beginning with our introduction of groundbreaking negative pressure wound therapy, or NPWT, more than 20 years ago. Available in more than 90 countries, we offer a broad range of products that can be used across clinical applications, care settings and clinician groups to improve clinical outcomes and reduce overall costs of care. Our product offerings are backed by an extensive body of scientific, clinical and economic outcomes data that demonstrate their clinical efficacy and value proposition. By offering a range of complementary solutions that are often used together or in sequence across multiple care settings, we are able to address patient's needs throughout the healing process and offer healthcare providers a single source to address them. We have maintained our market leadership by capitalising on our differentiated and best-in-class product offerings, utilising our highly trained sales force, robust service infrastructure and strong clinical reputation.
Acelity is headquartered in San Antonio and employs nearly 5,000 people around the world.
Detailed Job Description
This Global Category Director works closely with key stakeholders to meet marketing retention, expansion needs of the Global AWD product portfolio and to develop marketing initiatives to meet corporate revenue goals.
- Global Portfolio Management. Development of opportunity maps and roadmaps (launch sequencing) business strategy, planning, execution and communication plan and leads execution and implementation of new product development to include collection of customer needs, translation into design requirements, global market assessments, business case creation and global lauch planning
- Manage all marketing activities associated with global new product introductions, increasing our market position globally for Acute Franchise business expanding into other regions of the world. Ensure product development teams have appropriate customer and business input. Completing complex market research to validate business assumptions, customer requirements, and financial drivers for project and using financial models to assess business return
- Development and execution of a 5-10 year Strategic Marketing Plan with clear action items and an implementation plan. Provide process leadership for the yearly strategic planning activity.
- Partner with business development in the acquisition or licensing agreements following our portfolio plan, partner with R&D and Health Economics & Reimbursement in the development of new innovations at the right value for market acceptance. Drive a variety of strategic activities for new business and market opportunities.
- Lead Global Distribution and partner business where we are not present, manage existing and develop new distributors/partnerships that will not only expand our business across the world but strengthen our presence in key markets.
- Manage marketing launch plans to include brand strategies, market research, competitive assess
The successful Global Category Director will be able to;
- Working from the Leeds or Gatwick head office
- Demonstrated ability to lead new product portfolio planning activities
- Ability to translate current and future vision into strategies, determine executability of strategies & tactics. Previous proven experience.
- Experience working in the medical devices/pharmaceutical industry, with current or previous exposure to wound management products
- Have a broad scope strategic marketing activities including creating and articulating vision for brand strategy and new and existing product concepts
- Experience in the development of reimbursement and clinical strategies
- Experience with market development activities in global markets.
- A solid understanding of product development process and strong interface with R&D and new product development teams.
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills.
- Strong communication, presentation and influencing skills.
- Ability to motivate and manage cross-functional teams to achieve common goals.
- Project management skills.
- Technical acumen to understand new technologies and clinical applications.
In addition to these core competencies, you will also be able to mirror the values of the organisation around;
What's on offer
Highly competitive salary and senior management package
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
To apply for this position, please click the Apply button.
Ref Code: MPMI13825156Z
Closing Date: 05/06/2017