This well-known Leisure & Hospitality business looking for a Data Scientist to join its Digital Team, based in the South Midlands/Home Counties. A diverse and collaborative business, this role will really give the right candidate the chance to have an impact on this well-loved business.
The Data Scientist will be responsible for working with big data sets to deliver actionable insights, with the purpose of increasing the efficiency of the customer proposition and to drive customer lifetime value, improving the customer experience.
The successful individual will be able to work on their own initiative on multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, owning deliverables end to end. Critical to the success of this role is your ability to work with big data, develop insightful analysis that drives action and communicate findings and impact of actions in a clear and compelling way.
You will require the following skills and experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Data Science or similar and 3+ years working in an advanced analytics role OR a Master’s degree in one of these subjects and at least a year of work experience
- Past experience in a role focused on customer insight, statistical modelling, data science or similar
- Solid understanding of online marketing, preferably in a past or current role
- Demonstrated experience of using Python, R, or similar tools for data analysis, structuring, transforming and visualising big data (strong SQL skills are a must)
- Clear presentation of findings and guiding next steps at various points
- Focus and ability to find solutions and work towards goals when setbacks occur
- Ability to build statistical models (such as linear regression, logistic etc.) and customer segmentations
- Willing to learn new frameworks and languages required for the task
Apply for Data Scientist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly