An exciting opportunity for a Product Manager to join the team of ZEISS Vision care at a pivotal time in their growth and development.
Details about the Client
ZEISS is a world leader in the field of optics with over 170 years experience delivering technological advances to help the world see more clearly. NASA astronauts, Google Earth, Nobel Prize laureates, Hollywood directors and over 200 million spectacle wearers around the world, place their trust in the quality of ZEISS optics.
Today, ZEISS is taking its brand further, understanding consumer lifestyles and working with major brands such as Sony, Apple & Nokia to bring convenient, stylish, crystal-clear vision to everyone, every day.
Detailed Job Description
Reporting to the Global Marketing Director the Product Manager will be a commercially minded and results driven Marketer who is able to grasp technical issues and lead on implementation projects.
Key Accountabilities include:
The structured implementation of initiatives to drive growth and ensure compliance. Including: new product introduction, market entry, artwork/copy changes, technical/performance developments, legislative/regulatory compliance.
- Managing the on-line portal/database in order to ensure all product data is accurate and kept up to date.
- Working with external regulatory expert consultancies to ensure full product compliance in each country.
- Driving efficiency and effectiveness (via multi lingual packs, common formats/recipes etc.) to minimise complexity and cost.
- Executing a structured and auditable trail for all projects, aligning standards with the Global Team.
- Identifying operational/process problems and proactively developing corrective actions.
The successful candidate for the role of Product Manager will be a commercially minded and highly numerate individual who can demonstrate the ability to grasp technical issues- ideally you will have worked within a large non-food FMCG business.
Additionally the following knowledge and experience is required:
What's on offer
- Acting as a central contact for coordinating operational/product expertise and sharing best practice.
- Collaborating effectively with key internal stakeholders in Birmingham and across Carl Zeiss Vision worldwide.
- Providing support for the Global Marketing Director as required.
- Degree-2.1 or above in a recognised science oriented subject manner.
- A minimum of 3 - 5 years proven track record with outstanding results delivering projects.
- Tangible experience of maintaining processes and systems containing large amounts of data.
- Experience of working with external (regulatory) agencies and suppliers.
- Proven ability to work with a dispersed team.
- Ability to travel globally - US/Asia/Europe
- Adaptability and willingness to learn.
- £Competitive + benefits
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPMI13823017Z
To apply for this position, please click on Apply button.