Head of Marketing
At Parkinson's UK, our people are our greatest strength - the enthusiasm of our supporters and volunteers, and the commitment of our staff. Putting people living with Parkinson's at the heart of the charity has created passion, urgency and determination.
Together we can bring forward the day when no one fears Parkinson's.
We are looking for an experienced, creative and digitally-minded Head of Marketing to spearhead our marketing strategy and lead our growing Marketing team. You will be on the forefront developing our marketing vision and testing new campaign tactics that:
- Increase public recognition of the Parkinson’s UK brand
- Grow our reach to more people affected by Parkinson’s
- Grow awareness and challenges myths about Parkinson’s as a condition
- Attract and retain supporters for the charity
- Increase propensity to choose us within a competitive charity landscape
- Strengthen positive associations with the Parkinson’s UK brand
The key tasks within this role, will be:
- Strategic planning - develop and evolve strategic, multi-year marketing plans
- Lead and empower a team - provide strategic and creative leadership that drives delivery of high impact integrated marketing campaigns
- Strengthen brand reputation
- Manage change and improve how we work
- Drive use of innovative and new marketing techniques
- Provide guidance and ultimate sign off on our biggest marketing work
- manage the annual central marketing team budget
To be successful in the role you will have proven Head-of level experience within comms including a track record of planning, delivering and evaluating large-scale marketing campaigns that have resulted in strong and sustainable ROI. You'll combine a creative and insight-driven approach with strong leadership and organisational skills. You need to be the kind of leader who can influence effectively at all levels of a charity, and is happy to challenge the status quo when needed.
You'll have the opportunity to hire some additional marketing roles to strengthen our campaigns and insight work.
Commercial and/or agency experience a major bonus.
If you have the skills and experience we require and are excited by this opportunity, we would love to hear from you.
To apply for this position, please click via the Apply button. Please note, the supporting statement must evidence how you meet all the essential criteria of the person specification.
Closing date: Sunday, 21st May 2017
Interview date: w/c 29th May 2017
Please note, only candidates shortlisted for interview will be notified.
Parkinson’s UK is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from disabled persons, including those with Parkinson’s disease.
Parkinson’s UK is the operating name of the Parkinson’s Disease Society of the United Kingdom. A charity registered in England and Wales (258197) and in Scotland (SC037554)