Head of Product Management
Head of Product Management
Michael Page are very proud to be partnering with Ecco Safety Group, based in Leeds who are seeking a Head of Product Management to join their business in a newly created role, reporting into the Managing Director.
Details about the Client
Ecco Safety Group are the world's largest manufacturer of commercial and emergency vehicle warning and safety products.
They design, manufacture, and market back-up alarms and amber warning lights for over-the-road vehicles, earth-moving vehicles, material handling equipment as well as lighting and sound-based warning products for emergency service vehicles in law enforcement, fire, EMS and security industries.
Ecco Safety Group are the supplier of choice for some of the world's biggest and most successful original equipment manufacturers such as CAT, John Deere and JCB.
Detailed Job Description
Reporting into the Managing Director, the Head of Product Management will hold the responsibility of planning, developing, managing and implementing the Product strategy across all ranges for Ecco Safety Group.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Developing and implementing a 3 year business plan of product ranges that ensures attainment of company targets in terms of sales and profitability whilst maintaining our leadership position within the market.
- With a dotted line to the Global Director of Product Management you will ensure ESG is aligned to ESG's Global platform using a set of standard processes and tools
- Holding accountability for ESG's budgeted sales, margins and targets
- Identifying new products and business ideas in line with market requirements
- Liaising with R&D to assist and prioritise new product developments
- Evaluating of new ideas / technologies to improve the product ranges and identification of trends
- Identifying of new vertical markets and products where synergies exist
- Managing the full product life cycle (cradle to grave) including product pruning and price point reviews
- VOC analysis as required by the business for new products and or value analysis / value engineering ( VA/VE )
- Reviewing of the market for identification of partnerships , factoring opportunities and potential M&A identification
- Responsibility for price lists and pricing structures
- Providing weekly and monthly reporting as required to senior management.
- Providing accurate competitive analysis including pricing, competitor activity and technological developments within key markets in conjunction with Marketing Manager.
- Adhering to all company policies, procedures and business ethic codes and ensures they are communicated and implemented within the team.
The successful candidate for the Head of Product Management role will currently lead a team of Product Managers and have responsibility for all elements of the product mix. You will need to have a detailed understanding of this market, the customers and the competitors.
Having worked with large SKU sets (1,000+) in some form of electronics/electronic components will lend well to this role.
You will also be required to:
- Have senior level experience in Product Management with technical components ideally in the Automotive aftermarket and or Automotive OEM sector
- Have operated at a senior level with direct responsibility for contributing to the development of overall business strategy
- Hold experience of product and brand management is essential
- Hold a proven track record of success developing new ideas , products and markets
- Be well developed in computer skills - specifically in Excel , Word and Power Point
- Be degree educated in Business, Marketing or Engineering
- Have previous measurable experience in this field
A second European language would also be advantageous.
What's on offer
On offer is a competitive salary in a highly successful, global organisation. You will have the opportunity to lead a team, grow/develop a large product range and be responsible for the entire Product Strategy.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPMI13812826Z
To apply for this position, please click on Apply button.