Passionate about telling a great story and want real marketing experience? Looking for the opportunity to influence the UK’s top FMCG brands? Are you obsessed with brilliant UX, backed up with a strong focus on continuous improvement?
If you answered yes to the above questions, Newtrade is looking to hear from you!
You’ve probably bought something from your local corner shop in the past month. Research shows that today’s consumer uses their local shop 11 times a month.
This is a huge opportunity for the independent retail owners who run local shops and Newtrade’s primary purpose is to help these retailers to compete with Tesco and the multiples for the loyalty of local people. US research shows that 48 percent of every dollar spent in a locally-owned business stayed in the community as opposed to 14 percent when spent with a chain.
Switched on local retailers rely on Newtrade to provide them with the business know-how and entrepreneurial zest to win customers and to grow their sales and profits. That’s where you come in persuading them to choose our market-leading events, betterRetailing.com platform and to buy RN, the number one paid-for title for local retailers. You will be responsible for identifying new ways to help our retailer audience and the consumer packaged goods (CPG) companies that want to work with them buy Newtrade as their number one choice. You will raise the profile of Newtrade brands so when they are ready to buy they will buy Newtrade.
You’re looking for a marketing opportunity to get stuck into and to show off your growing organisational, analytical and communication skills. You want the chance to hone these in a thriving market where the UK’s top brands and independent retailers operate. This is underpinned with 12 months’ experience testing, delivering and analysing marketing or communications activity.
You’ll be a stickler for deadlines and written processes, with a relentless focus on removing the weak links to achieve operational efficiency and customer satisfaction. You have a track record of delivering high quality work on time.
You’re reliable, a quick learner and enthusiastic. You’ll relish the opportunity to work with different people from inside and outside the business, to both develop your own skills and to be an advocate for the marketing strategy to help Newtrade grow sales and profits.
What do your first six months look like?
- You will have assessed and improved the monthly insight process, and delivered six reports to spot market opportunities and threats
- You’ll have organised Newtrade’s presence for at least five big industry networking events, including liaising with high-profile attendees
- You will have shared important strategic messages internally with your leadership and delivery of six editions of the internal communications tool
- You’ll quickly get up to speed with the industry, including working a day in a local shop to really understand the problems Newtrade helps to solve
- You’ll join the rest of the business at the annual summer picnic for an afternoon of sunshine and games!
Up for it?
Share your CV and cover letter – explaining why you’d be a great fit for the role – with Tom Mulready, Newtrade marketing manager.
Apply for Marketing Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly