Springer Nature is one of the world’s leading global research, educational and professional publishers. It is home to an array of respected and trusted brands and imprints, with more than 170 years of combined history behind them, providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals and resources reach millions of people, helping researchers and scientists to discover, students to learn and professionals to achieve their goals and ambitions. The company has almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries.
We are now looking for a Marketing Manager to develop and executing marketing plans for Nature Communications and the soon to be launched Nature Research Open Access journals.
This is an exciting new role that will see you working closely with the Senior Marketing Manager – Multidisciplinary & Nature Research OA journals, in giving strategic oversight and a clear understanding of customer requirements to drive article submissions, readership and awareness.
You will support an expanding portfolio, which will require your strategic input into the execution of effective results driven marketing campaigns in line with objectives, budgets and set KPIs. You will consistently apply a data-driven approach to marketing, whilst positioning the portfolio brands against market competition.
Working closely with regional marketing teams, senior internal and external stakeholders you’ll influence and drive decision-making enabling the successful delivery of the marketing plans
This role requires strong planning and organizational skills, the ability to deliver marketing campaigns to time and to budget, and the ability to analyse results and report on effectiveness campaigns.
The role is office based but may include occasional travel to conferences or other company locations.
This position could be appointed in either London or New York.
- Manage the Nature Communications & Nature Research Open Access marketing, in conjunction with the Senior Marketing Manager – Multidisciplinary & Nature Research OA journals providing a clear vision to deliver the marketing strategy against business objectives
- To provide input in developing the OA marketing strategy for Nature Communications and the new Nature Research Open Access titles; taking a strategic and innovative approach and delivering against business objectives
- To develop measurable campaign objectives with scalable, repeatable, campaigns and reporting
- To generate submissions from new and existing customers (Authors, Researchers & Readers); to drive usage and readership; to increase registered users
- To work closely with the Subject Experts and Data Insight Manager, to ensure brand, thought leadership, clear messaging and customer-centric copy is visible across all marketing channels (globally)
- To assist in the delivery of increased revenue through digital marketing excellence
- To deliver monthly forecasting, campaign costing and to work within agreed budgets
- To manage, analyse and report on ROI of marketing campaign activities
- To set and fully understand KPIs and to analyse the results against revenue, usage and submissions targets
- To assist in the development and implementation of the OA and author branding across all Springer Nature portfolios, positioning and messaging plan – awareness of how the brands position amongst one another
- To assist in the development and implementation of the customer engagement strategy, plans and structure for the portfolio with a clear customer centric approach
- Working with the other Marketing Managers within the team, on new initiatives including AB testing and developing new customer engagement approaches to widen market share in all markets (new and developing)
- Attend conferences and events, engaging with customers and end-users when needed
- To support the Editorial goals
- Key relationship management with authors, editors and other key external stakeholders as required
- Key relationship management with relevant internal stakeholders – i.e. publishing, marketing and communications teams
- To ensure marketing automation campaign strategies align with the business customer engagement goals
To apply for this position, please click on the Apply button.