Senior Marketing Manager
Springer Nature is one of the world’s leading global research, educational and professional publishers. It is home to an array of respected and trusted brands and imprints, with more than 170 years of combined history behind them, providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals and resources reach millions of people, helping researchers and scientists to discover, students to learn and professionals to achieve their goals and ambitions. The company has almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries.
We are looking for a Senior Marketing Manager to develop and implement the strategy and management of open research marketing for the BioMed Central titles. This is pivotal portfolio for the Open Research Group which has been highlighted for growth and development, therefore the role requires a strong team leader with strategic oversight and demonstrable managerial capabilities.
You will be responsible for communicating the BioMed Central titles ethos and building the reputation and thought leadership of the series and the Flagships titles both internally and externally.
This is a pivotal position within the portfolio marketing team, supporting the Associate Director. You will provide strategic planning and execution of effective marketing campaigns in line with objectives within proposed budgets and setting measurable targets.
The role requires strong planning, communication and analytical skills, and the ability to work with senior internal and external stakeholders.
The role is office based but may include occasional travel to conferences or other company locations.
Please see below for a breakdown of responsibilities
Responsibilities and main duties:
- Communicating the BMC series ethos and building the reputation and developing the thought leadership around the series both internally and externally
- Be responsible for determining our Flagship strategy, with the support of the MM for the Flagships
- Develop, establish and maintain marketing strategies to meet organizational and series objectives
- Ensure the optimal rollout and use of the BMC brand / re-brand, – to bring the BMC series to life, through campaigns and messaging, working closely with the communications team and marketing colleagues to convey the BMC values & brand story
- Ensure that the BMC series is cross-marketed across the Clinical, Life, PME and HSS portfolios as appropriate
- Define marketing KPI's, in line with wider ORG marketing objectives and goals
- Develop SMART objectives with scalable, repeatable, campaigns and reporting
- Management of the overall marketing plan across all marketing channels including the review of all activity against KPI's
- Demonstrate effective management of the marketing and promotional activities of the team
- Line management, motivation and leadership of the BMC series marketing team
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders for the BMC series portfolio and feedback to team
- Report to senior management on forecasted and actual expenditure
- Use a data-driven approach to inform best practices across the marketing team and to improve the customer experience
- Analyse and report on all marketing activity to inform future campaigns, planning and strategy
- Fully supporting our global marketing reach
- Support editorial goals at the portfolio and where necessary journal-level
- Develop brand marketing activities across all Springer Nature portfolios
- Generate submissions from new and existing authors
- Drive usage and readership
- Increasing registered users
- Key relationship management with authors, editors, partners/societies and other stakeholders as required
- Key relationship management with relevant publishing, marketing and communications teams
- Attend conferences, events and meetings, engaging with external stakeholders, customers and end-users when needed
To apply for this position, please click on the Apply button.