Senior Innovation Manager – Premium Food Brand
Senior Innovation Manager – Premium Food Brand
£55K-£60K + car allowance + bonus
Exceptional opportunity for creatively driven FMCG marketer with a strong track record of driving innovation to join this fast-growing, premium foods manufacturer whose well-known and aspirational brand is leading the category in the desserts market.
As a key player in the specialist innovation team, you will use your blend of creative and analytical thinking skills, consumer understanding and passion for food to champion the brand and transform compelling insights into winning innovation with an entrepreneurial flair. This new role is pivotal in the development and delivery of an ambitious pipeline across Europe with a primary focus on the UK, France and Germany. My client is looking for an exceptional candidate with real business acumen and project management skills; someone who will be inspire others to help deliver the innovation agenda, building strong working relationships with teams right across the business.
Key responsibilities include:
- Shaping and delivering a 5 year innovation pipeline and helping to build the commercial aspiration for innovation pipeline working in conjunction with the wider business community.
- Acting as a key innovation champion with external stakeholders including retail partners and third party suppliers, inspiring them with the business vision and thinking.
- Being fully accountable for all allocated innovation projects, managing them from concept to launch, ensuring they deliver against financial objectives
- Work with the Head of Innovation to identify strong consumer insights and develop compelling product concepts and business cases, using suitable methodologies to test and benchmark concepts & products.
- Developing the project plans and being accountable for adhering to timing plans within a structured stage-gate process.
- Guiding the development kitchen team to produce commercially viable, exciting product concepts with consumer and shopper appeal, including innovative packaging solutions.
- Supporting the brand team in developing strong launch plans.
- Developing sound retailer sell-in proposals, where appropriate presenting opportunities to key retail partners.
Who we are looking for:
This is a superb role for someone who can think big and drive real, exciting, delicious innovation that you can be almost certain will be a success from day one! Smart, commercially savvy and highly results-driven, you will have worked your way up the marketing ladder in an FMCG business, and of course, you’ll be a foodie who is excited by the opportunity to drive this brand forward. Your skills and experience will include:
- A clear track record of successful innovation delivery with at least 5 years’ experience of managing innovation and brand development/extension projects within the food & drink industry.
- An inspiring leader with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude and a tenacious desire to succeed.
- A considered and balanced approach to management with a willingness to stand up and make the right decisions for the innovation agenda, brand and business.
- The gravitas to inspire and land your agenda by communicating in a considered and compelling manner to all levels and functions.
- A natural curiosity for the new and how the brand can add value to the consumer, category and the business.
- The ability to operate in a fast paced, uncertain and changing environment; someone who is comfortable making decisions without perfect knowledge or information.
This is a business which is still relatively small but is going places fast. The priority here is to bring your skills and flair to invocation, but there may well be opportunities as your progress to lead a team or take on a broader marketing role.
If you are up to this challenge, talk to Adam Tarsh now. This is one of those rare opportunities to bring your skills, experience and energies to a uniquely exciting and challenging business with a name that from the get-go inspired a new way of building its category. email@example.com I 020 7849 6875
The Tarsh Partnership is committed to finding the right roles for talented candidates. We are a leading name in marketing recruitment. We have significant experience in marketing recruitment working with brand management, marketing communications, category/customer marketing and insight & research specialists.
If you don’t feel this role is quite right for you, but think you know someone who might be suitable, do please pass this advert on. We do offer a recommend-a-friend scheme and you could receive £200 in John Lewis vouchers should you recommended someone who is offered and accepts the role.