Senior Account Manager
Freshwater is one of the top integrated communications agencies in the UK. The reason we’re great is because we have some of the best and brightest talent from across the country working for us. And people tend to like it here too. That’s why most of our team have been with us for at least five years.
It’s not for everyone. You need to be driven, organised, have bags of initiative and be cool under pressure. But if you think you are exceptional and want to be challenged, inspired and excited, we have a great opportunity for a senior practitioner to join our multi-channel marketing and digital team at our Cardiff headquarters.
What will you be doing?
Based in Cardiff, but with opportunities to visit our London office and work with clients across the UK, you will be accountable for managing and planning a range of integrated campaigns, briefing and overseeing our graphic design and digital teams, researching and developing customer insights as well as planning and setting strategies for specific channels.
And if that’s not enough, there will also be an opportunity to get your teeth into new business pitching and networking.
What do you need?
We’re looking for someone with experience in developing and delivering marketing activity across a range of owned, paid and earned channels. You will have at least four years’ marketing experience, ideally within an agency. But if you’ve worked in a larger in-house team, we’re also keen to hear from you.
As well as a good understanding of the marketing landscape, you’ll need a solid grasp of digital tactics and a keen eye for detail in terms of campaign evaluation and financial management.
We’re looking for someone with strong people management skills, who can mentor and nurture the development of junior members of the team. With a strong academic record, your written work will be flawless and you’ll be confident in liaising with clients at all levels.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, preferably in Marketing/ Journalism/ English
- In-depth knowledge of the marketing mix and multi-channel campaign planning and implementation
- Up to date knowledge of online and offline marketing channels and techniques
- Experience of working at a senior level within a multi-channel marketing environment
- People management experience including line management responsibility
- Experience of managing budgets
- Proven track record in client relationship management
- Ability to interact with people at all levels within an organisation
- Decision making skills at senior level
- Excellent skills in logical thinking and application
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent writing and proofing skills
- Excellent networking skills.
- Experience of working within an agency environment
- Experience of working with account management programmes and processes
- Invoicing and financial planning experience
- Experience of developing responses to new business opportunities and pitching
- Welsh language.
Some travel to Freshwater’s London office and attendance at events outside office hours, with occasional overnight stays, will also be required.
If you would like to join our dynamic agency then please complete our application form below and return it to Sarah Whittle, Head of HR via the Apply button.