Trade Marketing Manager
Functional Area: Marketing
Location: Chichester, GBR
Employment Type: Permanent
Trade Marketing Manager
The Farplants Group is one of the largest wholesale supplier of outdoor plants to Garden Centres and Garden Centre chains in the UK.
Based on the West Sussex coast near Chichester, our co-operative group has five member growers, each specialising in different plant ranges. From small beginnings in 1972, our group now grows over 11 million plants a year on 70 hectares (170 acres) of covered / outdoor production units with a retail value of over £50 million. We grow over 2000 different varieties and employ up to 500 staff during the peak gardening period through the Spring and early Summer.
Innovation, marketing, highest quality and in-house plant breeding are core to the success of our business. Many of the best-selling plants sold in Garden Centres today have their origins in our growers breeding programmes and we continue our work to ensure those great new launches keep coming.
The primary function of this role is to develop, manage and execute Trade Marketing and campaign activity in the UK market. Key to this role will be the development of specific account and or channel activation plans across the Farplants extensive product range. This is a key role in the organisation, developing and executing agreed trade and brand marketing activity alongside the commercial account team for a number of high profile retailers.
- To develop and implement strategic marketing plans for agreed key accounts/channels to achieve the objective of profitable growth.
- Work closely with sales managers to develop account plans that are measureable and are tracked against budget.
- Demand creation - to drive marketing programmes that deliver market share growth/maximise sales and profitability in existing and new product categories (for retailer).
- Development and execution of annual promotional plan covering both national brand objectives and short term tactical – all with a view to maximize ROI.
- To ensure that the Farplants marketing approach is recognised as that of a market leading supplier, and contributes to the ambition of being the preferred supplier to its customer base.
- Implementation of range reviews in key accounts, working closely with the product & sales team developing solutions (instore & online) to maximise potential sales and profitability.
- Establish key requirements for BTL inclusion within the annual Channel/Key Account plans joint advertising campaign.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Definition and implementation of both instore and online trade marketing plan by product family for agreed channel/retailer.
- Responsible for the 4P’s (product, place, price & promotion) execution and help develop the product group and strategic marketing plan.
- On time implementation of product and promotional plans for the agreed channels within agreed sales and profit targets.
- To deliver and track net sales and margin on all customer promotions and product launches.
- Provide product forecast input for promotional activity based on channel understanding
- Management of campaign/channel marketing spend within agreed budget limits.
- Manage vendors to deliver cost effective solutions and budget efficiencies.
- Monitor the performance of agreed channels and product groups and make proposals within the channel plan to drive the business forward.
- Continually audit and analyse the company’s competitive position to highlight competitor activity and new opportunities for growth.
- Work in conjunction with both the marketing and account sales managers to create effective customer pitches and presentations.
- Manage and attend key retailer events.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Passion, marketing flair and creativity.
- Strong motivation to achieve.
- Well organised and structured approach – strong process and operating rhythm.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both internally and externally.
- Ability to influence and present to business managers and customers at all levels.
- Strong leadership, presence, confidence, and relationship skills.
- High level of numeric and analytical skills.
- PC literacy – high levels of proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word & Power Point.
- To actively support the Marketing Manager at all times and to make an active contribution to the Marketing Team as a whole.
- Seeker of ‘best in class’ practices.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritise and manage time effectively– priority driven thinker.
- Strong team player.
To apply for this position, please click the Apply button.