- Full Time
RDT is looking to appoint a new Marketing Director, who will lead all aspects of Marketing for this highly innovative, rapid growth hi-tech medical device business as they continue to disrupt the industry. Reporting to the founder CEO you'll be a key participant in the future roadmap for the business as well as developing a three-year Marketing strategy, lead the Marketing team and partner key external stakeholders. This is a great opportunity to have a big impact internally as well as be a key contributor in significant market disruption.
Founded in 1997, RDT is a rapidly growing, profitable, highly innovative and dynamic medical device business led by the co-founder.
The Company’s core products are medical monitors and monitor defibrillators typically used out of hospital locations, including: civilian EMS (pre-hospital such as paramedics), deployed Military, aircraft and yachts.
Primary operations are based in Basingstoke UK with a US subsidiary.
This exciting, fast-paced SME continues to experience rapid growth with further significant acceleration expected in the next 2 years.
Summary of Job:
The Marketing Director holds responsibility for the Company’s marketing activities and delivery of a fully integrated marketing strategy as it launches unique and disruptive defibrillator monitoring products into the civilian EMS and deployed military markets. This role will be a blend (50/50) of strategy and hands-on implementation, including:
- Work with the CEO and senior management to develop a rolling three-year marketing strategy with a detailed annual marketing plan and clearly defined objectives
- Responsible for the day-to-day management, performance and development of the marketing team
- Provide input to the strategic direction of the business from a marketing perspective
- Ensure that the marketing objectives are implemented and evaluate marketing teams’ performance against objectives
A selection of key responsibilities are:
- Development and implementation of the Corporate Marketing strategy
- Ongoing development and implementation of the Brand strategy and ensuring consistent messaging
- Development of clinically focused marketing material aimed at clinical end users such as Paramedics and clinical managers such as Medical Directors
- Perform market analysis and provide market data to the CEO and Finance Director for inclusion in the Company’s business plan
- Develop internal marketing to inform and motivate the RDT team
- Develop a structured library of marketing, competitive and tender collateral
- Implementation of the Marketing strategy including campaigns, events, digital marketing (including the company’s website) and PR
- Manage social media to improve Company and brand presence, reputation and recognition
- Undertake continuous analysis of competitive environment and consumer trends and keeping abreast of competitive developments
- Identify and win Company awards (e.g. Queens Award for Enterprise for contribution to international trade)
Reports to CEO and leads the Marketing team.
An attractive upper quartile Marketing management package is available for the right candidate.
The ideal Marketer will likely demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Marketing background in the medical device industry.
- Strong project management / organisation skills.
- Proven management experience.
- Hands-on, can-do attitude – must be prepared ‘to do as well as manage’.
- Desire to work in a dynamic high growth environment.
- CIM, degree or equivalent.
The following additional experience would be advantageous but is not essential:
- Knowledge of defibrillator monitor devices.
- Previous Marketing experience for a defibrillation or defibrillation monitoring company.
- Good copywriting skills.
- International medical device marketing experience.
- Second European language (French or German would be beneficial).
Please apply to RDT’s retained advisor, Daryl Stickland of CNA International, as soon as possible, including a CV and brief cover letter that succinctly highlights suitability for the role, current (or most recent) remuneration package and notice period or availability to commence the role if successful via the Apply button.
CNA International advises the organisation on the basis of an exclusive consulting assignment.
Note: Any Third Party applications and correspondence will be forwarded by RDT to our retained advisor for their review and no commercial consideration will be available for such unsolicited introductions.
Apply for Marketing Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly