Product Development Manager
Product Development Manager
Salary: Up to £50k plus benefits
Welwyn Garden City
Reporting to: Commercial Director
IAM RoadSmart is at a unique point in its life cycle and is taking steps to move its operating model from the very traditional, to a more agile and customer focused approach to service delivery. This move is critical to ensuring the longevity of the organisation, making sure its services are evolving in line with the current and future market expectations.
The core product delivered is Research and expertise supported by Learning and Development courses and materials. This enables people and organisations to improve their skills and operate with a higher level of capability and safety. There is a clear vocational element to our work but also an important commercial opportunity and we need people to join the team that can help realise this value.
This role is about maximising current and potential revenue streams and creating a product offering that delivers to existing and future customers. Working as a core member of the Commercial team you will be reasonable to the creation of compelling, commercial products and delivering them to both retail and business markets.
Other core accountabilities include:
- Working across all head office teams to manage the successful development and launch of the companies’ services provision.
- To work in partnership with marketing and communication to create products that fit with the needs of the customer segments the organization is targeting for growth. To ensure products are available that fit with each stage of the customer journey offering new and valuable ways to support customers, members and affiliated member groups
- Responsible for providing governance to teams working in the product development life-cycle process. A skilled project manager you will identify and call out missed milestones or risks that could impact launch timing, budget, resourcing or other project needs
- To provide a portfolio of products that create new opportunities to deliver on the commercial goals over the three year plan and also open up new revenue streams to be further developed.
- You will be an experienced commercial Product Development professional with a creative track record
- A proven influencer and excellent communicator you will have gained a mix of experience developing products for a broad range of customer base
- Experience developing online training provisions is essential as is demonstrated innovation in terms of routes to market
- A team player with the ability to shape thinking and engage others in the process – you will be excited by the opportunity to transform and grow a product offering in a business on a major change trajectory.
To apply for this position, please click the Apply button.