Senior Knowledge & Content Manager
Senior Knowledge & Content Manager
RSSB is an expert body that helps the rail industry collaborate to continuously improve and meet future challenges. It spans the whole railway, including in its membership infrastructure companies, train and freight operators, rolling stock owners and suppliers to the industry. RSSB supports rail in the areas of safety, standards, knowledge, innovation and a wide range of cross-industry schemes. The RSSB is embarking on an exciting transformation into a customer centric, marketing-led business that is committed to widening its reach and relevance across the rail industry.
To support achievement of these goals, the RSSB wishes to recruit a Senior Knowledge & Content Manager to develop and manage RSSB’s knowledge & content strategy. This new role will oversee the commissioning, creation, publishing, design and curation of a variety of on and off-line content formats relevant to RSSB and its offerings.
Reporting to the Marketing Director, the role holder will also manage content resources across the new corporate website - currently in development - creating an editorial strategy to deliver a powerful platform for thought leadership, knowledge transfer, member engagement and demonstrating the wider value of the organisation to stakeholders across GB rail. T
he successful candidate will also act as RSSB’s strategic lead on brand strategy and visual identity, providing both expert advice to colleagues and the production of visual assets and promotional collateral across all on and off-line channels.
This is an exciting and new role, as the successful candidate will be the ultimate steward of RSSB’s knowledge, intellectual property and content - playing a significant role in developing and maintaining RSSB’s reputation, position in the market and ability to monetise its knowledge to non-members both in the UK and overseas.
To be successful in the role applicants will have;
- Significant experience in business to business content and knowledge curation, able to publish technically complex information to a variety of expert and specialist audiences.
- Significant experience of aligning web content with social media and other traffic generating campaigns, using CRM to track content consumption and inform user needs.
- Proficient in the operation of website content management systems (ideally SiteCore), web design, navigation and associated taxonomy).
- Expert in the commissioning, reviewing and approval of a variety of written styles, covering technical, stakeholder and end-user copy.
- Strong influencing and interpersonal skill up to senior level with the ability to constructively challenge accepted solutions, drive change or establish a new strategy.
- Able to balance the technical complexity of digital knowledge transfer with the understanding of customer insight in the delivery of customer centric content solutions.
In return RSSB offer excellent benefits including:
- Annual performance related bonus
- 30 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Defined contribution pension scheme
- Health and dental care plans
- Travel Subsidy / Car allowance
The closing date for this position is Sunday 7 April at 23:59
Interviews will take place on Wednesday 17 April
Applications that do not include a cover letter will not be considered
Thank you for your interest in RSSB - we look forward to receiving your application