This job is no longer available
The Senior Category Manager will report to the Head of Product Management and is responsible for driving Vax (sales and profitability) in one of 5 UK categories (uprights, cylinders, carpet washers, hard floor or commercial), and managing the total category portfolio and category P&L. This role has responsibility for leading the creation of the 3 year Category plan, to gain business buy in to a UK category vision, strategy and 3 year product roadmap shaping range architecture, range management, range and product propositions, pricing and promotional strategy.
This role is the category expert, owner and champion and is responsible for building category insight around consumer, product, competitor, retailer, technology and trends via appropriate research methodologies. They will be responsible for leading a number of core and tactical innovation projects, leading cross functional teams to deliver innovation and renovation projects from concept through to launch through the business product launch process.
This candidate will be required to work closely with colleagues within the Product Management Team and importantly at a senior and a cross functional level with all functions across the business including Sales, Marketing, Design, R&D, Quality and Supply Chain.
The successful candidate will be a degree educated graduate with a demonstrable experience of working at a strategic level, managing a large category P&L and have a minimum of a 2:1 in Business or Marketing field. There will be opportunities for career advancement in the team for high performing individuals.
- Lead the creation of the 3 year Category plan to gain business buy in to a UK category vision, strategy and 3 year product roadmap shaping range architecture, range management, range and product propositions, pricing and promotional strategy
- Category Portfolio and Lifecycle Management: Reviewing and Reporting and Action Planning with CF Team
- Category P&L Management
Setting / Reporting / CF Team Recommendations / Actions
- Be the category expert, owner and champion for one of the core UK categories in our business (Uprights, Cylinders, Carpet Washers, Hard Floor, Cordless, or Commercial)
- Working with Global brand and product partners to seek global alignment opportunities
- Build Vax knowledge in the category by building category insight around consumer, product, competitor, retailer, technology and trends
- Insight Generation, Research, Opportunity Platforms, Concept Development
- Leading Cross functional teams (working with R&D, Design, Marketing Communications, Sales, Quality, Supply Chain,) to deliver several core projects from concept through to launch through the Vax product Tollgate process to agreed business deliverables
- Creating all relevant brand collateral (graphics, packaging artwork and user guides)
- Range Review preparation and presentation
- People Management
Skills and experience required:
- A degree in Business or Marketing preferred (but other degree disciplines considered) min. 2:1
- Demonstrable experience of working at a strategic level, managing a large category P&L in Brand/Product Management
- PC Skills – competent user of MS Windows especially Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Passion for Brands, Marketing, Products, Consumer Insight
- Strategic Thinker
- Analytical, Outward thinking nature to use insight to build recommendations
- Strong people manager
- Project Management – high level of organisational skills, good time management
- Communication – strong written and oral skills. strong interpersonal skills
- Driven, self starter – Personally drives things through with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Teamwork – works well with others, a positive member of a team
- Results driven / execution
- High attention to detail
To apply for this position, please click on the Apply Now button.