This job is no longer available
Currently we are the clear number one in the smoothie market in Europe with over £200m revenue. The next stage of our journey is to build on that rapid growth by becoming number one in juice as well. This means doubling our revenue again over the next four years, driving brand equity and increasing our market share. Not a mean feat but something we are confident we can do with the right mix of ambition, a great product and a brilliant team.
In a nutshell, we want someone to run the innocent UK marketing team in London, and do it in a way that we can all be proud of. Currently, we have a team of 13 people in place and we need a Head of UK Marketing to pull everything together and be instrumental in growing the business via brand to become UK’s favourite juice brand.
We are looking for a real star who can build and grow a powerful team that executes brilliantly against the UK consumer to drive brand and innovation fueled growth in very close alliance with the commercial team.
This role reports into our UK & Ireland Managing Director, who is part of the group Board team responsible for all business within UK & Ireland. The role will also have a dotted line into the Group Marketing Director who oversees the Global and in-market country teams and is responsible for the 3 year global brand strategy.
A great candidate will need to have a special combination of skills to deliver on the following four priorities:
Lead the UK Marketing team
As Head of UK Marketing you will be responsible for growing and building a powerful team and protecting our brand in the UK. You will drive the marketing agenda in the UK leadership team and be the strong voice of the brand. As well as leading the cross functional team you will execute fantastically against the UK consumer from ATL to BTL and display a hands on, can-do attitude.
- Natural leader – comfortable in your own shoes, and able to inspire the team to deliver great performance. You’ll be someone who knows how to make change happen, lives and breathes our values.
- Great operator – you’ll be able to move from leadership to hands-on management of the day to day operations. Great leaders at innocent are as happy working on a €5M marketing campaign as they are helping out with answering the banana phone to one of our consumers.
- Be a brand & consumer champion - look at the UK business through brand and consumer eyes and convey this in a compelling way to the team and leadership team peers
Deliver Best in Class Marketing Execution
- Proven track record of building brands in market and making things happen – you’ll have significant FMCG experience and be a passionate marketer who understands the commercial side of business as well
- Delivering & optimising breakthrough communications campaigns for our products that engage our drinkers across all key touch-points from sofa to store - requiring excellent working with our agency partners and internal teams. The job starts with the products and ends at the shelf
- Pilot Market role – demonstrate that the UK is a pilot market for new things and can build successful showcases which can be rolled out elsewhere
Build & Execute the Plan
- Be instrumental in the 3 year and 1 year planning for the UK, from analysis over strategy setting to detail in execution.
- Strong with numbers – you’ll be financially literate with deep experience in running complex budgets. You’ll need to be able to track and report on performance and lead the team through investment decisions.
- Commercial astuteness coupled with a creative spark and an entrepreneurial approach including a strong track record of having worked with commercial, trade marketing and category teams
Lead with Style
- Serious on performance, fun to be around – we are very passionate about the performance of our business and we want to make sure that nothing gets in the way of our will to win. However we find the best way of getting the most out of the team is a relaxed and fun environment. As a leader you won’t take yourself too seriously, and will be able to create a culture where people work hard and still love coming to work.
- Determined & resilient – lets face it, it is not going to be an easy ride and it will require a tough character to drive the team and get ahead of the competition. You will need to be able to combine a friendly and approachable demeanour with the ability to be tough with both the team and the stakeholders when needed.
To apply, please click on the "Apply Now" button below.