This job is no longer available
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Chartered Professional or Masters Qualified Head of UK Marketing & Business Development to join Rider Levett Bucknall and drive the business forward.
As Head of Marketing & Business Development (reporting to a Statutory Director and leading to a role on the Management board) you will be responsible for a newly created national Business Unit. You will work closely with Partners to define and implement the marketing and business development strategy. Drawing on your professional services experience and your marketing and commercial flair, you will also contribute to global business objectives.
This is a pivotal role which requires a visionary: someone who can inspire the Partners across the business and other key stakeholders with creative and imaginative marketing and business development strategies, based on sound commercial principles and experience.
In this role you will ‘lead from the front’ with a ‘hands on approach’, mentoring your national team as the marketing and business development function develops; have full responsibility for delivering the Customer Manifesto – strategic marketing and business development initiatives; have overall responsibility for developing, implementing and evaluating marketing strategies to maintain existing clients, drive the acquisition of new clients, and raise the profile of RLB in the external market place.
You will have generalist marketing and business development experience, together with some knowledge of professional services companies. You will be used to dealing at both a strategic and tactical level and should have experience of implementing initiatives in a nationwide business.
You will have demonstrated strong planning, project management and organisational abilities in previous roles. As a strategic thinker you will possess excellent presentation and communication skills combined with the ability to lead and motivate others.
To be considered for this role you must also have the following experience:
- Minimum of 15+ years of marketing and business development experience including at least 10 years strategic and tactical marketing and business development and management experience
- Highly collaborative leadership style with the ability to respond quickly and effectively to ever-changing situations. Must possess the ability to coach, mentor and lead a diverse staff to deliver best in class customer service excellence
- Broad functional experience in areas of strategic planning and marketing, business and market development, market research and planning and promotions/advertising
- Experience building and implementing strategic marketing and business development programs/concepts, and selling the strategic programs at the Executive level
- Experience creating and implementing brand awareness and communications programs and driving business using direct and channel-oriented selling models
- Experience in research and analysis, monitoring and analysing market and customer trends, products and services
- Experience in measuring and evaluating the effectiveness of marketing and business development initiatives including establishment of KPIs and ROI measures
- Strong business acumen, skills and maturity and the ability to work effectively with others even under stressful deadlines situations
- Highly developed organisational and planning skills, time management skills and written/oral communications skills
- Ability to think critically and draw from several resources (and interact with all levels of staff) to create unified and persuasive marketing and business development collateral materials
- A sound understanding of the media communication avenues used within the trade and national press arena (PR, e-marketing, client events)
- Effective engagement with internal and external stakeholders and organisations
- Team player, outgoing and flexible with the ability to influence people at all levels in a business and deliver agreed objectives
- High level of IT competence especially in MS PowerPoint , MS Excel, MS Outlook and MS Word
At Rider Levett Bucknall we pride ourselves on providing our clients with first class property and construction consultancy advice at all stages of the property life cycle. We work across the Americas, Asia, EMEA and Oceania, with over 3000 people operating from more than 100 offices. In the UK we employ over 400 staff in seven different offices in Birmingham, Bristol, London, Manchester, Sheffield, Wokingham and Welwyn Garden City. Our reputation for providing consistently high levels of consultancy services to our clients rests entirely on our ability to recruit and develop the highest calibre staff.
For the fifth year running Rider Levett Bucknall has picked up the No.1 position in the Guardian sponsored Britain’s Top Employers. This, together with our achievement of IIP Champion Status, and four successive years with a place in the Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, is a tremendous endorsement for Rider Levett Bucknall.
Rider Levett Bucknall UK Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer
To apply please email your CV by clicking on the Apply Now button.