This job is no longer available
To plan and deliver traditional and digital media in line with strategic group marketing strategy. In conjunction with the Head of On & Offline Marketing, scope and manage effective media buying and execution across all traditional and digital platforms. This includes Press, Radio, TV, PPC, and SEO. Deliver on brand communications across all the Virgin Holidays brands, constantly making improvements in line with Group targets of pax, margin and customer segments.
• Accountable for implementing media communication strategy to support marketing group goals across the business.
• Responsible for briefing new campaign activity to creative agency, working with both HO On & Off-line Marketing and Brand and Content team.
• Responsible for execution and delivery of the group media plan that delivers overall pax, absolute margin and customer segments targets.
• Working with the team of marketing managers and planning manager to continually check and challenge the marketing plan to drive the best on brand communications on budget, to achieve or exceed target.
• Work with the content and creative team to maximise all content generation through media partnerships. Work with content team to make sure all content created maximises SEO opportunities.
• Work with legal to ensure all media communications are in-line with any changes to ATOL/ABTA rulings and meet the standards of the ASA.
• Work closely with the Planning manager to execute the correct strategic opportunities for 3rd party potential partners.
• Responsible for pulling together demand reports across media in time for business trading needs.
Budget management and forecasting
• Responsible for managing media budget.
• Responsible for working with media agencies to make sure plan will deliver on pax and margin targets.
• Responsible for updating planning team on actual spend on results achieved to continually improve and enhance.
• Ensuring all communications are in line with brand values and deliver against brand promise working with Brand and Creative teams
• Work with insight team to evaluate major campaigns via brand tracking, and ensure results are shared & learning’s implemented
• Key day contact for all media agencies.
• Currently MGOMD, Branded 3 and Epiphany.
• One of key contacts for creative ATL agency.
• Indirect responsible for the resource pool working on media plans.
• Feeding in to the development, coaching and training of senior exec and exec teams.
• Involvement in annual appraisals and regular 1:1 updates/feedback
Internal stakeholder management
• Representing marketing at multiple key internal meetings (trading meetings, regional trading meetings)
• Influencing and working with key colleagues across business, often at GM and director level
• Building strong collaborative relationships internally and working together to ensure common goals are met
• Extensive experience in Marketing Communications
• Proven experience in digital planning and buying and full search optimisation.
• Proven experience in ATL communications management
• Proven experience in team management.
• Educated to degree level or equivalent and/or CIM qualification preferred.
• Superb communication skills
• Proven experience of working regularly with Senior Management.
• Highly organised, articulate and numerate with budget management experience
• Relationship management experience and good negotiation skills
• Multi-media experience, inc. broadcast media
• Strong commercial acumen
• Experience of working in a service industry preferred
• Limited overseas travel may be required
• Some travel within the UK will be required
• Flexible approach to working hours, especially during busy periods
• A good sense of humour
• Self motivated and a natural sense of drive
• Calm under pressure
• Diplomacy beneficial
To apply for this role, please click on the Apply Now button.