This job is no longer available
London & Partners is the official promotional organisation for London. Our company attracts and delivers value to business, students and visitors. London & Partners is a not-for-profit public private partnership, funded by the Mayor of London and our network of commercial partners.
The company focuses on maximising opportunities for the capital as a place for businesses, students and visitors. Our vision is that London will be recognised globally as the best big city on earth, and its mission is to passionately champion London’s excellence with one confident voice to business, students and visitors.
Our values as an organisation are to be ambitious – with a passion to succeed and thrive, to be high performing – with a commitment to achieve outstanding results, to be collaborative – with an ethos that fosters partnership and cooperation and to be creative – with a love of ingenuity and innovation.
Purpose of role
The Consumer Marketing Manager (North America & Australasia) will manage and implement B2C and B2B marketing (leisure tourism marketing activities in particular) in key mature long haul markets with specific responsibility for North America and Australasia, and will deliver incremental economic benefit for London in partnership with the commercial sector.
The role-holder will have budgetary responsibility for the above markets and responsibility for achieving match funding/benefit in kind targets.
- Strategic development and implementation of leisure tourism marketing activity in the above markets, from inception to final reports.
- Secure match funding/BIK as per set targets and apply effective budget management.
- Work with the Senior Marketing Manager – Travel Trade to develop and implement international trade strategy for the above markets, ensuring optimal positioning of London within the trade environment; key account management of international trade contacts, transport providers and tour operators to develop activities of mutual interest.
- Represent London & Partners at key trade events and exhibitions, feeding back market knowledge to appropriate people / teams within the organisation and external partners.
- Briefing of external agencies (creative, media buying, brand, research, consultants etc).
- Responsible for management of creative and media agencies in relation to campaign activity in the above markets; ensuring creative development and media plans are correct and strategically sound.
- Ensure campaign activity utilises audience insights; raise and identify future research requirements where necessary.
- Liaison and integration with VisitEngland / VisitBritain as appropriate to ensure London is front of national campaign activity.
- Ensure cross departmental liaison and integration of consumer marketing activities with Business Tourism, major events and FDI where appropriate.
- Ensure liaison and integration of consumer marketing activities with PR and commercial teams.
- Supervise and mentor Marketing Executive on projects as appropriate
- Work with the strategy and insights team on seasonal evaluation of marketing activity
- Work with the Digital Customer Acquisition Manager and Digital Performance Analyst to ensure campaign activity is optimised
- Work with the Social Media Manager to ensure social media activity within campaign activity is optimised
- Accountability for milestone delivery within the GLA agreements.
To apply for this position, please click on the Apply Now button.