This job is no longer available
Tesco is a great place to work - whether you're planning the layouts of our aisles, sourcing products in Thailand or improving our supply chain in Turkey.
We have become a market leader by doing the little things that really matter for our customers and staff.
We believe in treating each other with respect, giving everyone an equal opportunity to get on. It's our people that make the difference every day - helping us create value for our customers and earning their loyalty for life.
• To manage and coordinate the UK packaging design launch schedule
• To create great UK packaging designs which make what matters better for UK customers and which achieve a consistent look and feel with the Group designs.
• You will be the champion for great Tesco brand packaging design throughout UK
• You will manage a high performing and high visibility team
• You will plan and project-manage all aspects of the packaging design process from agreed design through to in store, including SRP.
• You will manage photographers and artwork agencies to deliver Tesco brand packaging to agreed critical path.
• You will work collaboratively with the Group design team & the UK brand managers to ensure Group designs meet UK customer needs.
- Where necessary & agreed you will create UK-specific designs that are consistent in look & feel with the Group designs
- You will work within the Design Council process to ensure these briefs & designs are signed off by the Group Marketing Director
• You will ensure that all stages of the development process are completed at each key date agreed and produce weekly reports to the Marketing Director highlighting any issues
• You will monitor the costs for each project against the plan
• You will manage the workload across all external resources to ensure effective utilisation
• You will highlight any issues with suppliers which affect critical path for launch
Key people with whom you will interact
• You will report to the UK Food Marketing Director
• UK Category Directors and their teams will be your key clients
- Although UK & Group marketing will be the final decision makers.
• Regional design managers in Asia & CE will be important peers
• The Group Marketing Tesco Brands Director will chair the Design Council, and is responsible for the Brand Hierarchy
• The Group Commercial Product Brands Director will be an important stakeholder
• Good relationships with Group & UK Insight functions will enable you to ensure packaging designs make what matters better for UK customers
Skills & Experience Required:
• Classic packaging design management in retail or global artwork and repro company.
• Experience of managing design agencies and photographers preferred in addition.
• Extremely strong influencing skills required with experience of high volume, fast moving, complex packaging projects.
• Food experience is essential
• Strong team manager experience and capability