This job is no longer available
Are you currently in a Sales and Marketing role in Professional Services and looking for a move to a business where your drive, enthusiasm and creativity will flourish? Are you excited about helping companies innovate their processes through new business models and innovative technology?
Marshall-James is a niche Professional Services Firm specialising in Employee Relations. We work with many of the largest employers in the UK and beyond and we need someone to lead our Sales and Marketing to help continue our fantastic growth.
This job is ideal if you like strategy, are hungry for delivery and love a challenge. You will lead all our Sales and Marketing activity, whether on-line or the more traditional off-line approach. You will be targeting senior decision makers driving communications, building relationships and growing our client bank. You will be a self-starter, an excellent communicator, have a sharp eye for detail and enjoy working as part of a team.
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to join a dynamic young business and to share in the success you help create.
To apply, please send a covering letter outlining relevant skills and experience, together with your CV and salary expectations by clicking on the Apply Now button. For more information on Marshall-James, visit www.mjgsl.com.
Closing date : 18th January 2013
Applicants must be fluent in English, particularly business language and eligible to work in the UK.
Absolutely no agencies or canvassers please.
Marshall-James is a niche Professional Services Firm specialising in Employee Relations. We work with many of the largest employers in the UK and beyond. Our target audience are HR Directors, Chief Executives, Senior Managers and Board Level Executives. There is significant opportunity for the business to grow further, for the brand to develop and for significant revenue increases to be achieved. This will be supported by some innovative, bespoke technology.
2). GENERAL SUMMARY:
Manages sales and marketing of the company’s products and services. Delivers consistent and profitable growth in sales revenues through positive planning, deployment and management of sales and marketing resources, all while increasing the brand awareness. Identifies and articulates objectives, strategies and action plans to improve short and long-term sales and earnings.
3). CORE DELIVERABLES:
• Collaborates with the Chief Executive in establishing and recommending the most realistic sales and marketing goals for the company.
• Manages on-line presence directly with the help of freelance resources with a view to building brand identity, delivering traffic to the website and also maximising on-line advertising opportunity.
• Establishes and manages effective resourcing model for the function, including free-lance or flexible resource, to enable objectives and targets to be met, but within a timely and well managed budgetary framework.
• Identifies sales and marketing activities by researching and monitoring the press, internet, trade press and any other relevant sources of information.
• Develop and maintain high standards of sales and marketing direct customer communication via emails and other direct sales materials – driving an increase in sales figures.
• Manage, review and exploit the internal database of contacts to enable effective delivery of campaigns or one off contacts.
• Identifies between 50 – 100 target organisations for the business and leads the sales campaign to turn them into clients.
• Designs and personally delivers the sales and marketing activity on a 12 month cycle, including webinars, direct campaigns, email bulletins, dinners and all other activity, to a plan costed and agreed with the CEO.
• Provide weekly Management Information of progress to the CEO.
• Attend meetings, events and functions on behalf of the Company, as and when required.
• Manage the CRM system, provided by SalesForce.com
Reports directly to the Chief Executive. This job currently has no direct reports but does manage a range of ‘freelance’ resources.
5). QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE:
A university degree in marketing or business studies is preferred together with experience of working in a similar function within Professional Services in the UK or a minimum of seven years of related experience, a majority of which must have been gained in a similar function within UK Professional Services with exposure to entrepreneurial, technology savvy environments.
Strong experience of working and exploiting the Sales and Marketing mix and the ability to strategise as well as the hunger to roll up sleeves and deliver.
Strong problem-solving, analytical, selling and strong skills are imperative. A proven ability to motivate and lead sales and marketing together with an excellent eye for detail and planning. Experience in developing and delivering marketing and sales strategies. Excellent oral and written communication skills, plus a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is required.